INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Got the water out and humidity is dropping. Next time we will start dry and add as needed. It sure is easier to add than take away.
see if any of these help ABOVE the grate
TIPS n TRICKS to raising humidity in incubators post #42512
@Sally Sunshine the eggs that are your cabinet coolerbator do you hatch them laying down or upright?
I always hatch horizonal laying down!

Got a little more done on the refrigerbator. The first fan I installed didn't move nearly enough air, so I installed a smaller, higher CFM fan and got the temp between the top and lower rack within 2 degrees F. This is without a thermostat, and I'm confident once the lights aren't running constantly the fan will circulate enough air to give a more uniform temp throughout the bator. I ordered one of these, which has .1F accuracy:

(this one actually comes with a 110V socket, not the universal socket pictured. $23 & free shipping on ebay.)

I also picked up a couple of 11"x11" double-strength glass panes from the building supply store, cut a hole in the door, and installed the inner viewing pane with aquarium silicone sealant. I'll give it at least 24 hours to cure before flipping it over to install the outer pane and a few fasteners:

Spring is officially here:

PS & FYI: If you are burning two 60W Halogen bulbs in your refrigerbator without a thermostat... and leave for half an hour... you run the risk of blowing up one of your thermometers:

LOLZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorcycleChick

I need to buy that mug for Mike! @mlm Mike future piggy!
Funny, but I don't think that mug is big enough!
hmmmmmm I use a quite large mug!!! I have three that I like

So I tried to pull this male legbars foot back through his yolk sack, and it burst.
I culled him as you can guess. but wanted to show you images.

he actually turned and zipped and hatched out like this! the poor thing! @casportpony

Last edited:
Got a little more done on the refrigerbator. The first fan I installed didn't move nearly enough air, so I installed a smaller, higher CFM fan and got the temp between the top and lower rack within 2 degrees F. This is without a thermostat, and I'm confident once the lights aren't running constantly the fan will circulate enough air to give a more uniform temp throughout the bator. I ordered one of these, which has .1F accuracy:

(this one actually comes with a 110V socket, not the universal socket pictured. $23 & free shipping on ebay.)

I also picked up a couple of 11"x11" double-strength glass panes from the building supply store, cut a hole in the door, and installed the inner viewing pane with aquarium silicone sealant. I'll give it at least 24 hours to cure before flipping it over to install the outer pane and a few fasteners:

Spring is officially here:

PS & FYI: If you are burning two 60W Halogen bulbs in your refrigerbator without a thermostat... and leave for half an hour... you run the risk of blowing up one of your thermometers:

Glad the fridgabtor is getting some work done on it.

Thanks for the FYI
lau.gif

Howdeeeeeee Mike, Banti and whomever else is around

still have me headache a bit. I think I am cursed this day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom