INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm hoping someone can help with this.

After having a very difficult hatch (3/24) with a new Farm Innovators model, I used the advice here and calibrated my accurite digital hygrometer/thermometer, as well as a submersible glass bulb for temp - calibrated by the ice method. The accurite was off by 4 degrees (reading low) after the salt test and the separate thermometer was reading 2 degrees high.
I now am calibrating both of those to the new incubator's digital hygrometer/thermometer. These are my findings:

The glass thermometer( factoring for -2deg) and the incubator thermometer are pretty much spot on. The Accurite temp is close, however it took 3 hours to read that temp.
The problem is the hygrometer.
The Accurite hygrometer (factoring the +4) and the incubator hygrometer differ by 16 degrees.

Can this even be possible? What the heck?

If so, it is no wonder that my last hatch was so pitiful. The incubator hygrometer is reading 16 degrees low, which would mean that at lockdown, when I had it all the way up to peak of 75, it was actually at 91 pct humidity. Basically soaking wet. UGH. And throughout the first 17 days, when I thought my humidity was 40-55 (too high, I know), it was actually 56-71 pct.

I just want to verify with you that are experienced in calibration that this is first, possible, and second, that I have taken accurate steps to correct the readings.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Quote: awwwwww whites, I am sorry it has nothing to do with you ya know.
hugs.gif
So I should stay invisible

Quote: lets just say it sucks
hugs.gif

8 serama hatched out Sunday one DIS

here they are with the batch from Saturday

Just left the house to their new homes

Sapphires are gone too!!!

a few teeny serama

Quote: OH wow!!! and its staying in? Oh I hope she heals up!!! good for you!!

Quote: We cant have Kathy shipping eggs that far!! come on now!! and we are not part owners in BYC that we can Gift GFMs to everyone, that comes out of our pockets when we run contests! So far we have Chaos gifting a GFM I am sure others will at some point though its not even April Yet!!!

Quote: Matt, I am sorry Perhaps we can do one contests that if you win you get the GFM or something... @mlm Mike
Quote:
[COLOR=3C78D8] “Fowl Drawing/Painting Contest”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=6AA84F]"Springing in the Chicks"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=FFD966]2016 April Hatch-a-Long[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=3C78D8]Hosted by Mike & Sally[/COLOR]​
uk0zFJcI5ocPSoIqGsd4kmZUX5WycZenQEdjxPgvU4bFKZfgwcBlUsv8k13o_E4cXG62mh7qcI2tVHfhrI3vIzL310zrr2T3BBwFJse_3wJDYu1glUwKZ7z4GWvzrEWUZ1draCFm

[COLOR=6AA84F]Do you like to draw/paint?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]We want to see your lovely Domestic Fowl Art! All drawing genres and techniques will be accepted. Instruments may include all types of paint, graphite pencils, pen and ink, inked brushes, color pencils, crayons, charcoal, chalk, pastels, and markers.[/COLOR]​
RWtztoYpvcYslb3-7YFNExmDowyzumsx3F4E6N9N-tG5BYR6nqFcNRq0-obrOc64cy17mHeaPXRCpExwonMQtv9-tPLEXU47Q1NAGVXWek8IsvzcC52ngCulVHKkvNT_641Oi_Nk
[COLOR=6AA84F]3 Image Entries per contestant[/COLOR]
[COLOR=3C78D8]Open to ALL BYC members[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Continental U.S. ONLY (Not Alaska or Hawaii)[/COLOR]​

oh nooooooo​
Yayyayyayya!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

I can't wait for it to open... I had better get busy.
pop.gif

-Banti​
I know yer excited!!!

I'm here but heading out. time to head home for the day. @lozerface79 what part of Alaska? Spent almost 7 years in Anchorage and loved every minute of it.
Have a good time Nathan!

Quote: Kathy your awesome!!! hugsssssssss

Quote: 3 separate entries!!!

Here one of mine! A Peregrine falcon hunting a blue jay, carbon on paper.
sweet!!! I worked in pen and ink in my late 20's havent touched it since I got sick in my early 30s
will dig them out
Hey!! I can see everyone again!
(Cept sally- I never know if she is offline or playing hide-and-seek. Sallee.... Come out, come out, wherever you are!)
HIIIII

Quote: Aquarium Cheap light to see in Bators post #68412 I LOVE THEM @NaJoBeLe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom