INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six out, the mp get some help, and still have to absorb some of the yolk. 2 of the eggs are goner I think, but I have 4 that seems to be stuck! Stuck in the same position for more than 24 ours! Need to do some thinking!

Last edited:
Six out, the mp get some help, and still have to absorb some of the yolk. 2 of the eggs are goner I think, but I have 4 that seems to be stuck! Stuck in the same position for more than 24 ours! Need to do some thinking!
fl.gif

You are correct. Day 1 is always 24 hours after setting, so the evening of 3/23 is lockdown. I don't think a few hours early will make much of a difference, but I'm kind of anal about locking down around the same time of the day that I set the eggs.

Congrats on your new arrivals!!!   :clap

I'm anal like that too lol had to ask!!

On our way to get our babies now!! Thankfully it's a nice warm day in North Texas!!

Shalom, Benny!
frow.gif

I hope they will be okay. If they are stuck, you may have to help them out! Good luck, my friend!!!
fl.gif

I have to report back to work now. Will get back as soon as possible.

Go chickies go!!! I hope the 4 are just resting. Hope you don't have to assist. Sorry about the gonners!

Finally got caught up.
Have some questions that don't pertain to incubation but am gonna go ahead and ask them here based on the knowledge and activity of this thread. :oops:

Have chicks that are 8ish weeks old. Moved them outdoors about a week and a half ago. Might remember I had a predator attack the night I moved them out and lost a few. The ones that were left seemed to recover and had calmed back down. Appears that it was a fox(caught it on camera several times but haven't been able to catch or otherwise dispose of it). Yesterday after I got off work I Had 2 that had passed, this morning there were 2 more laying dead. No visible signs of anything happening to them.
I guess my question is what is the possibility of not having enough airflow and ammonia being too high. I didn't notice a smell this morning but I suspect I was still half asleep when I went to check on them. I had a similar issue last year with the same setup and fixed it by raising the brooder pen slightly off the ground. Didn't think about it initially but suspect putting the rocks around the base has blocked off that airflow.
Rest of the chicks seem to be ok but then again they did last night and I lost 2 more overnight. What would be the best approach forward. For now my plan is to move the brooder pen to fresh ground and see what happens.
Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom