INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The silkie. Name ideas? :love

Do we get more than 1 suggestion?

Sparkles or Black Diamond.

Last edited:
Finally got caught up.
Have some questions that don't pertain to incubation but am gonna go ahead and ask them here based on the knowledge and activity of this thread. :oops:

Have chicks that are 8ish weeks old. Moved them outdoors about a week and a half ago. Might remember I had a predator attack the night I moved them out and lost a few. The ones that were left seemed to recover and had calmed back down. Appears that it was a fox(caught it on camera several times but haven't been able to catch or otherwise dispose of it). Yesterday after I got off work I Had 2 that had passed, this morning there were 2 more laying dead. No visible signs of anything happening to them.
I guess my question is what is the possibility of not having enough airflow and ammonia being too high. I didn't notice a smell this morning but I suspect I was still half asleep when I went to check on them. I had a similar issue last year with the same setup and fixed it by raising the brooder pen slightly off the ground. Didn't think about it initially but suspect putting the rocks around the base has blocked off that airflow.
Rest of the chicks seem to be ok but then again they did last night and I lost 2 more overnight. What would be the best approach forward. For now my plan is to move the brooder pen to fresh ground and see what happens.
Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.
sooooo sorry :hugs
I am sure that others with more experience will have other ideas, but if your ground is not a solid rock you could put it hardware cloth down a foot and attach it rather than the rocks and punch some holes up under a roofline for airflow, but cover them too.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I give up! I am changing my avatar. If someone doesn't like it, you can kiss my grits!!
you need some gum in yer mouth when you says that

Quote:
yer funny!!! Clint????
idunno.gif

I'm,gonna be a daddy again.YAY.
smile.png
oh Lawdddded Papa fowl or Fowl papa????

Well, 8 Ameraucana made it
yesss.gif
but we are approaching day 23 and nothing from my two blue black splash English Orpingtons
sad.png
fl.gif

It's,really wet in the egg.
your weight loss was just a bit off, but you have him out!!!! congrats!!

Awright... I can't pretend I am sane while looking at adorable chicks any longer, sorry!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :love

Last edited:
good question. This is a January 21 chick raised in the house until the sixth of March. I then put the six chicks from that group out in the chicken tractor with the Christmas chicks I put out two weeks before. He is the only one with it. Discharge and swollen and hard around vent. All started on Corrid Monday just in case. I feed Purina medicated till week 16. It has been a little wet here, but it is like a diarrhea. Any suggestions?
It doesn't look like it is related to coccidiosis.
Vent gleet or clostridia?
Have you tried probiotics? If so, what kind?

I just called tech-support for my Toshiba computer. I had to concentrate to understand what the guy was saying, but we all know that's the way the world works.
Finally, he told me that to fix my computer over the phone, I had three options. They range from $100-$200. I asked what exactly he would be fixing? He said he would be deleting some programs that I wasn't using. I said "isn't that something I can do myself?" He asked o I knew how to do it. I said, "*#%^ yeah!" As in "it's easy!"
HE TOLD ME OFF! I explained that I had not been swearing at him, I was only using an expression. He continued to be a jerk to me. So, I said the word repeatedly until he hung up on me.
lau.gif

Mature of me? No. But I don't feel that you have the right to tell me not to use one foul word when I'm the customer. He doesn't pay me, I would've been paying him. He had a chance to explain to me why it was easier for him to do it. It wouldn't have taken much. I hate altering programs. Heck! If I weren't so lazy about it, I would have checked and seen that that was the problem to begin with.
I thought I killed my computer today. I was drinking a beer that apparently had been outside. Taking the last big swig, I ended up with a huge bug in my mouth and spit the whole mouthful out. The computer immediately shut down.
I unplugged it, took the keyboard out to hang to dry. when I put it back together all was well.
I think it was a bee but I haven't given it a good look because I keep thinking about it floating around in there the whole time I was drinking.

Speaking of hurrying up... you need to catch up with me. I didn't detect any noticeable modifications to the Emerson fridge. I'm just waiting on the thermostat and 2 egg turners to arrive, and I'll be giving it a test run.

I really like the job on the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom