INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does pasty butt look like?
I know pics have been posted here, but I can't seem to find anything in the notes referring to it.

One of my hens has a collection of dried poop in the feathers; noticed it yesterday. She was looking a bit rough last night @ bedtime, with her feathers looking like someone had brushed her backward, but she looked perfectly fine just now when I turned them all out for the day, except for the crud on her backside. Eating & drinking normally. Tried to get a decent pic, but she was too interested in the camera; kept turning with me whenever I'd try to get behind her.

Any chance that she's just sloppy, or is it probably something to be concerned about?
My hens aren't what you'd call tame, so picking her up for a close-up pic is not an option.
If this is, in fact, pasty butt,

is it contagious?
Is there some medication I could put in the feed or water to treat them all?
What causes it?
@casportpony

What does pasty butt look like?
I know pics have been posted here, but I can't seem to find anything in the notes referring to it.

One of my hens has a collection of dried poop in the feathers; noticed it yesterday. She was looking a bit rough last night @ bedtime, with her feathers looking like someone had brushed her backward, but she looked perfectly fine just now when I turned them all out for the day, except for the crud on her backside. Eating & drinking normally. Tried to get a decent pic, but she was too interested in the camera; kept turning with me whenever I'd try to get behind her.

Any chance that she's just sloppy, or is it probably something to be concerned about?
My hens aren't what you'd call tame, so picking her up for a close-up pic is not an option.
If this is, in fact, pasty butt,

is it contagious?
Is there some medication I could put in the feed or water to treat them all?
What causes it?
@casportpony
You tagged the right person. I almost lost a hen to a worm of some kind, but she had the clumped up poop on the backside. I think that can be any number of things though. Kathy will probably want a pic...

Is that an offer to come and count my chicks for me?
Unfortunately, I cannot
sad.png
. Maybe if I could fly... ... ...

You tagged the right person. I almost lost a hen to a worm of some kind, but she had the clumped up poop on the backside. I think that can be any number of things though. Kathy will probably want a pic...
I'm sure she will
sad.png

I'm hoping, given the other factors I mentioned, she can formulate an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom