INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone said don't assist.I guess he ran out of air space.he passed away in the egg

How would you know that unless you opened the egg?
Also, if you had opened that egg and he was perfectly fine, you would have had the same result.
Sometimes they dont make it. Its hard to know when to assist the egg but you did the right thing.

I have a really large hand. :lau

;) Really?

You kinda have to feel sorry for him that is quite extreme from the hot to the well not.

My fault for joining the fray. But the other coffee was better.

Ok,I'm really worried thing three is moving places inside the egg but still has not pipped through
Isn't that what it is supposed to do if it isn't ready to hatch?

CH sit on your hands if you have to but leave that poor thing alone. That is exactly what i did when i was hatching chicks and i got an excellent hatch rate.
Only open the inc if its absolutely neccesary! Which currently it is not!
So just listen and wait for them to get out of that egg.
X2

everyone said don't assist.I guess he ran out of air space.he passed away in the egg

You're crazy. How do you know that? Have you invented another species that requires human intervention?
Contrary to what the uninitiated would believe after reading through this thread, all you have to do is provide proper temperature, adequate humidity, religious turning and insert eggs from healthy birds that have been fed good nutrition.
Enough said.

@sally sunshineI am asking to learn. Earlier someone mentioned having a couple of chicks that had zipped, but we're not out. That they were gone when they pipped and zipped the humidity was way down and the power had gone out at some point. Isn't this a time to assist since they zipped? Why or why not? How?
Thanks

Speaking of "real" chickens, I put a couple of BR cockerels in the freezer yesterday. The plucker worked fine, but it's not much fun maneuvering the chickens to the proper positions. Will start working on plans to convert it to a drum-type plucker.

Hi, Billy... he's been on a couple of other threads a couple of hours ago.

Peachy keen! How are things in BE?

hit.gif
Pretty quiet. Rained on and off, was extra sunny when it wasn't raining. I think since I don't have one job anymore I will be working on the garden a bit.

@sally sunshineI am asking to learn. Earlier someone mentioned having a couple of chicks that had zipped, but we're not out. That they were gone when they pipped and zipped the humidity was way down and the power had gone out at some point. Isn't this a time to assist since they zipped? Why or why not? How?
Thanks

Im not sally but i had a chick that took 10-20 minutes to push out after zipping and he is living a happy and healthy life as if current. But if your chick is obviously not making it out he might be stuck to membrane do to low humidity. One of mine was like that and i had to help him out.
Like i said im not an expert or sally but this is justmy 2 cents.

Isn't that what it is supposed to do if it isn't ready to hatch?

X2

You're crazy. How do you know that? Have you invented another species that requires human intervention?
Contrary to what the uninitiated would believe after reading through this thread, all you have to do is provide proper temperature, adequate humidity, religious turning and insert eggs from healthy birds that have been fed good nutrition.
Enough said.
it,smothering it was moving and chirping an hour ago then stopped.when I candles to check why it was not moving at all.I tapped the egg everything nothing.So I opened it and it passed away

Im not sally but i had a chick that took 10-20 minutes to push out after zipping and he is living a happy and healthy life as if current. But if your chick is obviously not making it out he might be stuck to membrane do to low humidity. One of mine was like that and i had to help him out.
Like i said im not an expert or sally but this is justmy 2 cents.
It is not mine. Someone posted several hours ago. Later they moved the shell top and carefully sprayed water. If the membrane hardened is that going to be enough?

It is not mine. Someone posted several hours ago. Later they moved the shell top and carefully sprayed water. If the membrane hardened is that going to be enough?

Im not sure. The one i assisted had its membrane stuck to it and I tried wetting it but it did not work. I had to carefully pull the membrane off of it. But i may have not used enough water. Sally will give you better answers when she gets here :p

it,smothering it was moving and chirping an hour ago then stopped.when I candles to check why it was not moving at all.I tapped the egg everything nothing.So I opened it and it passed away

Like someone else mentioned, if it wasnt strong enough to pip through the shell, it probably wasnt going to make it... sorry CH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom