INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hatched 7 of 12. 2 of them did not make it. One made it a few days, we called him sleepy because he waa always falling asleep as he was eating or drinking. And the other one knly made it a few hours. With our 6 laying hens, rooster, 2 seramas, 5 hatched chicks and the 7 buff chicks we bought. We are up to 21 chickens.

Can anyone send me the links to calibrate ting your temp and humidity units?
Thanks

I just got my mic stand!!!

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I dropped in. I'm almost 100 PAGES behind lol. Hope everyone is good and I didn't miss anything exciting.

It was a beautiful day here today! We were super busy all day working outside. I even got some sunburn! We borrowed my dad's truck and picked up a load of mulch. Turns out we'll have to borrow his truck again since one load was nowhere near enough. We also picked up some 6 x 8 ft fence posts from tractor supply to use for raised boxes and had 5 tons of top soil delivered. We didn't even get to that before hubby had to go to work. The chickens were quick to discover the new mulch and promptly started digging in it hmm.png I'm still waiting for them to notice the giant pile of dirt in the garden lol.

Tomorrow, we're making a trip that I really don't want to make. My Pappy has a friend that owns a chicken farm that he's just dying to take me to and show me. I guess this guy has 10,000 chickens (laying hens) supposedly free range. My aunt was there and said that they all have their beaks trimmed and have minimum coop space (not surprised). She said that I'm not going to like it. Pappy is so excited to show me but I really don't think he has any clue. It's going to be so hard not to cry but I have to try my hardest not to. Pappy isn't in the best health and has been in and out of the hospital a lot lately and I don't want to show that I'm upset over it all. Wish me luck. I'll have to report back on how it was.

Awesomeness!!!!

How exciting to have grandma with you!!!!  I am sorry you feel bad!!! get better soon!!

Well we all played rock paper scissors and my mom is a sore looser and used my cna experiance against me and rigged the straw draw ..... So uh YEAH GRANDMA moved in lmao , no its a lot of change for all of us grandma is from the whole great depression era and i love her to death i really do but we have challenges that i wasnt prepared to face , in the nursing homes we dont have to deal with sorting through things and telling them they dont need to hold on everything they ever seen but it will work out sooner or later , thanks im using my sickness to stop grandma from yelling at me about packing wrong i just start crying and saying how sick i am , lol i know it wrong but right now it feels right lmao any ways i think im going to go candle my eggs

That's going to be a tough day for you for sure.

I have one internal pip with my shipped eggs. I don't know who's talking, but someone is! I decided to keep them all upright in cartons, as they have been all along. There are 6 eggs from one source (day 21) and 12 eggs from an other source (day 20). Looks like there will be some success with these shipped eggs! My GD is here this week, so she's super excited.

I have one internal pip with my shipped eggs.  I don't know who's talking, but someone is!  I decided to keep them all upright in cartons, as they have been all along.  There are 6 eggs from one source (day 21) and 12 eggs from an other source (day 20).  Looks like there will be some success with these shipped eggs!  My GD is here this week, so she's super excited.  

Oh fingers cross come on chickies

Ohhh my....... Ummm..... :oops:

*Don't do it Bubbles, don't do it bubbles, don't do it bubbles*.... :oops:

It is hard to be good!! :barnie

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lau

Hi again!!!! Great news here. Got my dozen eggs for setting- 1 SLW, 2 GLW, 1 LO, 2 cochin, and 4 turken x polish. I hope I like the turken...... :sick
Only reason I got them is they are mixed with polish, (which I LOVE and want so bad) and I have heard so much about how good their personalities are I thought I'd try em. :idunno

Oh..... And the bestest part??? :celebrate

There is also TWO dark brahma eggs!!!!!! :ya :ya :ya :ya

(Oh, and the wafer thermostat arrived..... To add to the pile of good shtuffs) :yesss:

Hope everyone else is having a fantastic day!
-Banti

Woohoo!!!

I talk to the chickens...... They have not failed me yet! :lol:
-Banti

A chicken should be able to answer most anything U ask it lol

Mornin' sir.
Are we doing dusk and dawn next?
hi mc!!
Hugs!!! Glad to see u made it through ok

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I dropped in. I'm almost 100 PAGES behind lol. Hope everyone is good and I didn't miss anything exciting.

It was a beautiful day here today! We were super busy all day working outside. I even got some sunburn! We borrowed my dad's truck and picked up a load of mulch. Turns out we'll have to borrow his truck again since one load was nowhere near enough. We also picked up some 6 x 8 ft fence posts from tractor supply to use for raised boxes and had 5 tons of top soil delivered. We didn't even get to that before hubby had to go to work. The chickens were quick to discover the new mulch and promptly started digging in it hmm.png I'm still waiting for them to notice the giant pile of dirt in the garden lol.

Tomorrow, we're making a trip that I really don't want to make. My Pappy has a friend that owns a chicken farm that he's just dying to take me to and show me. I guess this guy has 10,000 chickens (laying hens) supposedly free range. My aunt was there and said that they all have their beaks trimmed and have minimum coop space (not surprised). She said that I'm not going to like it. Pappy is so excited to show me but I really don't think he has any clue. It's going to be so hard not to cry but I have to try my hardest not to. Pappy isn't in the best health and has been in and out of the hospital a lot lately and I don't want to show that I'm upset over it all. Wish me luck. I'll have to report back on how it was.
time to practice your poker face!

Why not just tell the neighbor to keep his dog off your property?

Good luck with the next batch as well. More Khaki's?

He was a cool mix.

Yup if it goes well I'm moving to call ducks.....

I do talk to myself when I need an expert opinion.

:lau

I have one internal pip with my shipped eggs.  I don't know who's talking, but someone is!  I decided to keep them all upright in cartons, as they have been all along.  There are 6 eggs from one source (day 21) and 12 eggs from an other source (day 20).  Looks like there will be some success with these shipped eggs!  My GD is here this week, so she's super excited.  
could luck LG....:fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom