Incubating

Also, should the automatic egg turner motor I guess be hot? And it has been going for about an hour and I cannot see it moving. It doesn’t look like it has moved. Is that normal?

So how often do I need to fill water plates in the bottom? And how did you keep it at the right temp and humidity?
I was topping mine up every morning as the humidity dipped over night. For hatching now I've put a wet wash cloth on the bottom after taking out the turner as well as a wet sponge. I found it hard to keep it above 50%, but this is my first time using it.

My turner worked, I think it rotated every 4hrs (I'd have to read the instructions again). I didn't notice the motor being overly warm though.

I ran mine overnight to make sure it was holding the temp/humidity and the turner was working. Once that all checked out, the eggs went in.
All was well until I took the lid off for half an hour to mist/cool the eggs, then the humidity just never seemed to read accurately again. Once my batch finishes hatching I'm going to clean it all out and try to calibrate it.

I ran mine overnight to make sure it was holding the temp/humidity and the turner was working. Once that all checked out, the eggs went in.
All was well until I took the lid off for half an hour to mist/cool the eggs, then the humidity just never seemed to read accurately again. Once my batch finishes hatching I'm going to clean it all out and try to calibrate it.
Okay. If I hand turn, how many times a day do they have to be turned?

Back
Top Bottom