Incubating

ejb3810

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 31, 2010
Northern Minnesota
As a result of many positive reviews seen here and elsewhere I got a Genesis [1588] incubator and turner for a first time small number of eggs project. I have a difficult time seeing if there is water in the water reservoir even when I am adding the water. It seems very inconvenient to open to add water and to candle eggs. Should I be concerned about temp drop as a result of the opening and closing for these chores or am I being overly concerned?

I've also got the 1588 and I open it to add water. I think most of us do, and everyone that candles the eggs opens it. Mine recovers both humidity and temperature pretty quickly.

I have great trouble seeing the actual water level too. You can get some straws that have that accordian bend in them and cut, fit, and tape them together where you can reach the different water reservoirs. Just fit it though the vent hole in the top and use a syringe to add water. If you cut the straws short around that accordian bend and put two of three of those bends together it works pretty well. Bend it after the accordian bend is through the vent. I prepared something like that for lockdown.

hm. well think about it this way. When a momma hen is setting on her eggs..shes gotta get up and eat/drink somtime. So no the eggs are probably NOT getting to cold. good luck
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom