Incubator for Goose Eggs

I went on etsy last year and ordered a goose insert for my nurture 360 incubators. Also have a 2 inch riser to use in the incubators because once the goslings hatch they are rather tall and they repeatedly bump their little heads on the top of the incubator lid. Ouch!
Not sure you’ll see this but where do you get the “rise” from? Is it made by Nuture Right 360 or did you make yourself?

Not sure you’ll see this but where do you get the “rise” from? Is it made by Nuture Right 360 or did you make yourself?
Etsy. Search "goose incubator riser". I bought from CourdtCreations. A bit pricey, but sale of a gosling or two pays for it. Good products, quick service. I also bought a divider, but the goslings can climb over it while drying in the incubator, so not that useful. I don't add the riser until lockdown, but I guess if you have more than eleven goose eggs for one incubator and decide to hand turn them, the riser would give you more room and keep them from accidentally falling out. Good luck!!!
image.jpg

Etsy. Search "goose incubator riser". I bought from CourdtCreations. A bit pricey, but sale of a gosling or two pays for it. Good products, quick service. I also bought a divider, but the goslings can climb over it while drying in the incubator, so not that useful. I don't add the riser until lockdown, but I guess if you have more than eleven goose eggs for one incubator and decide to hand turn them, the riser would give you more room and keep them from accidentally falling out. Good luck!!!View attachment 3428465
Thank you this is info that should be in a sticky note at top of the Geese Forum! IMHO

I actually
Thank you this is info that should be in a sticky note at top of the Geese Forum! IMHO
My riser is in use right now! I have 8 runner duck eggs that have pipped and should be hatching tomorrow. Those little buggers come out of their eggs quite tall. Wouldn't want to hatch them without a riser!

I am having some goose eggs shipped and have 2 incubators fired up. Hovabator Genesis 1588 and a Nuture rite 360. I just bought an goose size autoturner insert for the Nurture Right. The Genesis comes with an auto turner. I have poured over the directions for goose egg incubation on this site ( from Pete55) and my questions are...

Should I use the Nurture Right or Genesis?
Will the Genesis 1588 auto turner work on Goose eggs?
Is it better to auto turn or hand turn?
Which is better at controlling temp and humidity?

My last efforts at hatching I used the Genesis but it involved eggs that arrived with horrible detached air cells and a batch I picked up but I think none were fertile as they did not even start to develop. Oh well.....I am an eternal optimist!!!
My breed is Sebastopol, I know they are difficult to hatch.
They should arrive Tuesday...( Monday is a holiday, doggone it!!!)
No expert, have hatched chicken and duck eggs and had four goose eggs to try. I used the Nurture Right 360 and hand turned twice per day roughly a half turn, last turn on day 26. Just had my first fully hatch. One other is leaking and am afraid it might have pipped the sack or a blood vessel, and one is starting to scissor.

Nice breed, those are pretty. Mine are either African or Chinese greys.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom