incubator overheating

At this point there is really not much you can do other than wait. Try to get control of that temp but if it were me I would not toss my eggs. There are stories on here all of the time about eggs still hatching after spikes. Remember it is not so much the spike as much as if the internal temp of the eggs get up and stay up. It does take some time for the internal temp to climb. However, 40 is still pretty high. If the internal temp of the egg got up to that you may have losses. But wait and see. Candle in a few days and look for signs of life.

Mine is doing the same thing. It stays at 124°F. I lost 12 snowflake quail eggs and 9 button quail eggs. Has anyone found a replacement heater/thermostat that works?

It was 35 C here today. Got a shock to see the temp on my Janoel 24's (have 2) read 40C just candled and those I just did lockdown for, are all kicking. I am more concerned for the ones I put in 2days ago. I knew I shouldn't have BUT. I was able to get some Croad Langshans to take on a domestic flight. Quite rare here. Almost none in QLD. Don't want to lose them! What can I do. Set temp lower???? Help
I know this is an old post. Are you still using the Janoel24? I am in Queensland and today is hot (34 C). The temp reading is 39.7 and is flashing H. It is Day 21 of the incubation and I have already had eggs hatch.

Back
Top Bottom