Incubator Problems :(

I have one electronic thermometer in there and I have had 2 before. If I take the egg turner out it stays at the temp I set it to. I just thought if I went to an electronic temp controller it would turn power off to the incubator but the egg turn would still be plugged in giving off heat, so until it cooled down, it would be supplying the heat instead of the incubator. Then controller would take care of the rest. I guess the 2 degree difference can not hurt that much if it is just for a short period of time.

Thanks
It's nice to learn of somebody that's having the same problems what kind of hutch percentage did you receive? I am currently on day four

I have one electronic thermometer in there and I have had 2 before. If I take the egg turner out it stays at the temp I set it to. I just thought if I went to an electronic temp controller it would turn power off to the incubator but the egg turn would still be plugged in giving off heat, so until it cooled down, it would be supplying the heat instead of the incubator. Then controller would take care of the rest. I guess the 2 degree difference can not hurt that much if it is just for a short period of time.
Do you have one of those plastic thingy things with the sensor on it? Are you placing it on top of the eggs? When you have the turner in there, that plastic thing will sit a little higher up and closer to the heater vs. when you don't have the turner in. That may be why you are getting different temps.

Also, my turner makes the plastic thing move around in my bator. It needs to stay in the same place to get a more accurate and stable temp.

Last edited:
I leave one of the egg trays off so it lays in between 2 trays on the floor of the incubatory. I have a fan in mine so it is moving air all the time. I think I might just try to build my own and maybe buy one of those auto humidifiers for it.

For those with the little giant incubator I have used one with forced air circulation and an egg turner. I got OK? hatch rates out of it. 75% on average. The eggs on the back side of the incubator usually hatch earlier than those on the front side. The heater puts warmer air to the rear due to its location and causes them to mature quicker but only by a day or so. The last time I used it I had what I call a 4 day hatch. They started on the 20th day and continued hatching for 4 days. the motor does get warm as does any egg turner motor in these small bators and the small increase in temp does not harm the eggs that I have noticed ( just don't stick any eggs directly next to the motor as stated in the incubators manual).

I think u should invest some money and build a proper home incubator. I did, it was not cheap but I am totally happy with my results.
. This incubator can handle up to 500 eggs.

The air pump pumps air through water and a fan pulls this air into the incubator. This slowly lowers the humidity until the humidifier comes on and raises back the humidity. So the humidity remains between 55 and 60%. All this is in a compartment inside the incubator if it didn't have this, the humidity will go up too much and condense on the eggs and on the inside of the incubator obviously spoiling the eggs

I'm in need of some help asap... I've incubated before however this time I haven't had a successfull hatch. I have 4 hens so I collect eggs for a few days and put them in incubator. It turns the eggs for me. I candle around 7 days. Anyway I just opened 4 eggs that didn't hatch and they were developed however there stomachs weren't closed? Could someone plz tell me what I'm doing wrong

Back
Top Bottom