Incubator

NicolePA

Hatching
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
I am looking to see if anyone has a small incubator for sale... I saw one on ebay that holds like 2 or 3 chicken eggs.. Im looking for something small for my daughter and something thats not going to cost me a fourtune...

Thanks

NIcole:cd

If you dont mind turning the eggs a few times a day yourself, you can get the HovaBeta (spelling?) at any Farm and Fleet for about $30. I think it holds up to 8 or 10 chicken eggs? Pretty cheap for the amount of eggs it can hold, plus no shipping fees. You might want to ask if there's someone near you. Chances are, someone has a used one that you could pick up for half that price.
big_smile.png

Buy a hovabator. Can't go wrong, as long as you follow incubating advice on this forum. They will hold over 40 eggs. Cheap to run. You may be able to get one with a turner off ebay for a good price.

Hi, everyone in the chicken world, mostly my twin sister laughed at me, BUT!!!!!

I have my eggs in an electric skillet!! I am on day 12 and everyone it growing nicely in their shells.
I can email you pictures or you can visit my group on Yahoo. It's called southernchickens, all one word.

Southern chick i would love to see how you do it with a electic skillet....lol and thanks for the replies... still searching for one...

Quote:
Wow! I have never seen them for half of that used.

I have a lot of two incubators and an egg turner on eBay right now, but sounds like it's quite a bit more than you're looking for.

You can make yourself a small incubator out of a light bulb and a styrofoam cooler. You'll need a dimmer switch, though, most like as even the 15 and 20 watt bulbs were too hot for such a small space.

Southernchick that is pretty cool and it seems to be working for ya. I can honestly say i've never seen it done that way before, but if it works good for you. I am very interested to see how the hatch goes so keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom