Incubators Anonymous

Pics
Bad News.....

I have to re-start hatching, I have sold out of EE. I tried to stop incubating, but the public is demanding I start again forfeiting my 60 day chip....Poor me....
barnie.gif

Yay! so far so good! Day 10 and I saw movement in all 10 eggs! Gosh.... only how many days til hatch. And lock down oh my goodness can I take it?????? Lol I'm still less than 1/2 way done.hahaha.

Yay! so far so good! Day 10 and I saw movement in all 10 eggs! Gosh.... only how many days til hatch. And lock down oh my goodness can I take it?????? Lol I'm still less than 1/2 way done.hahaha.

If they plan to hatch a day or two early then you're MORE than halfway done :) I'm not helping am I? Lol

THINK WOMAN!!! THINK,, You can fill those 3 slots somehow....

I can...very easily but they'd hatch a day later than everyone else. I may just have to do that lol. That sad thing is, I candled every egg thar was already in there and tossed all clears and quitters to make room for the ones I just put in lol

Last edited:
If they plan to hatch a day or two early then you're MORE than halfway done
smile.png
I'm not helping am I? Lol
I can...very easily but they'd hatch a day later than everyone else. I may just have to do that lol. That sad thing is, I candled every egg thar was already in there and tossed all clears and quitters to make room for the ones I just put in lol

I use to have to do that!!

But through hard work and discipline I no longer have to candle every egg to find a hole for the next one I want to set. Also I think It was good planning on my part...
gig.gif

I have to clean hatchers this morning, I do have a bottle neck there, I have 2 chicks in one hatcher, I am using as an ICU. they have leg and movement problems. I should wring their necks, but I am such a softy.

OMG I think one of my incubators is cursed. Last night when I checked on them they were all nice and snuggly warm and humid. This morning at 5:30 a.m. the lid was ajar and the temperature was very low. My poor little eggs. I do not know how the lid got aJar or for how long. The only thing that might have saved them is that the heating fan was directly above the five eggs basically sitting on top of them. Now I'm not sure whether I should candle tonight on day 13 or just wait until day 14? I've added water make sure the lid was going good and hopefully that's good enough.

OMG I think one of my incubators is cursed. Last night when I checked on them they were all nice and snuggly warm and humid. This morning at 5:30 a.m. the lid was ajar and the temperature was very low. My poor little eggs. I do not know how the lid got aJar or for how long. The only thing that might have saved them is that the heating fan was directly above the five eggs basically sitting on top of them. Now I'm not sure whether I should candle tonight on day 13 or just wait until day 14? I've added water make sure the lid was going good and hopefully that's good enough.
How low is very low? Figure a hen gets off the eggs once a day, and the eggs cool down a bit. Also, the eggs change temp slower than the ambient temps. Someone posted a list of eggs temps and viability. If I can find it, I'll post it. But, as long as you got the temp reset quickly, I think you should be good!!

How low is very low?  Figure a hen gets off the eggs once a day, and the eggs cool down a bit.  Also, the eggs change temp slower than the ambient temps.  Someone posted a list of eggs temps and viability.  If I can find it, I'll post it.  But, as long as you got the temp reset quickly, I think you should be good!!

Well I'm not sure how long the lid was off temp was reading 71. But like I said the heater fan was sitting on top of the 5 eggs in there and they felt warmer to the touch than 71. So I'm just hoping!

Back
Top Bottom