Incubators Anonymous

Pics
My polish eggs are finally about to hatch! They're on lockdown and due to hatch tomorrow! 3 or 4 of them are already internally pipped :) the one that I have from before is getting quite the little hairdo lol

Last edited:
My polish eggs are finally about to hatch! They're on lockdown and due to hatch tomorrow! 3 or 4 of them are already internally pipped
smile.png
the one that I have from before is getting quite the little hairdo lol

How can you tell they are internally pipped, I can never tell..

I had to add more water to the troughs so I took the time to candle them. They're little white eggs so it was really easy to see their little beaks in the air pocket. Plus I could hear a couple peeping
smile.png

Ahh, I can barely hear a 747 taking off when I am right next to it, so peeping in a egg is out for me. I have seen motion inside the air sac now and then.

When do the CLB eggs you got in the mail hatch? next week?

Ahh, I can barely hear a 747 taking off when I am right next to it, so peeping in a egg is out for me. I have seen motion inside the air sac now and then.

When do the CLB eggs you got in the mail hatch? next week?
LOL, I'm with you. I have very good hearing, but with 3 incubators, 2 turners, 3 heaters, 3 fans all running, there is not a chance I ever hear peeping from internal pips....I'm surprised when I look in and see zipping!!

LOL, I'm with you. I have very good hearing, but with 3 incubators, 2 turners, 3 heaters, 3 fans all running, there is not a chance I ever hear peeping from internal pips....I'm surprised when I look in and see zipping!!

I lost hearing to work, When I was in School I worked on a gravel crusher and hearing protectors were not used back then. After that I flew helicopters with turbine engines and again no hearing protectors. SO unless the pipping is the same volume as a shotgun going off, I will not hear it.

I lost hearing to work, When I was in School I worked on a gravel crusher and hearing protectors were not used back then. After that I flew helicopters with turbine engines and again no hearing protectors. SO unless the pipping is the same volume as a shotgun going off, I will not hear it.
I can only begin to understand your pain. Hearing loss is devastating. Knowing the damage that loud noises can do, at least future generations are at least warned. Whether they listen is another story.

My mother has been deaf in one ear since a teen, and has lost most due to age in her other "good" ear. Growing up, we knew that we had to look AT my mother for her to hear us. My father has lost most of his hearing due to age and most likely not using ear protection while in the Navy or on the family farm. Up until the last few years, the VOLUME in their house was unbearable. Now they both have hearing aides. My mom still can't use one on her bad ear, but in her good ear it's helping. We still have to look at her directly when talking to her. For both of them, the hearing aides help in QUIET environments. In loud areas, they have no hope of picking up conversations. Peeping is WAY outside their sound range.

The ONLY time I MIGHT have heard an internal pip, was when I forgot to put a couple eggs from a staggered hatch into lockdown. I remembered on day 20, and when I moved one of the eggs, it was chirping like MAD - no pip yet, but it didn't like the cold shock of me moving them from 1 bator to another. From what I was led to believe, you don't hear them chirp until after they have internally pipped. Both eggs hatched the next day, so no harm no foul.

Ahh,  I can barely hear a 747 taking off when I am right next to it, so peeping in a egg is out for me.  I have seen motion inside the air sac now and then.

When do the CLB eggs you got in the mail hatch?   next week?

I believe they're due on Sunday but don't quote me on that lol. That must mean that the Adam eggs are about halfway through :)

I have excellent hearing. It makes up for my horrible eye sight. I honestly can't even recognize people by their faces unless I know them very very well. I have to hear their voice to place them. My husband on the other hand has horrible hearing that got worse after his tour in Iraq. He's always hearing things wrong.

I believe they're due on Sunday but don't quote me on that lol. That must mean that the Adam eggs are about halfway through
smile.png

I have excellent hearing. It makes up for my horrible eye sight. I honestly can't even recognize people by their faces unless I know them very very well. I have to hear their voice to place them. My husband on the other hand has horrible hearing that got worse after his tour in Iraq. He's always hearing things wrong.

The hearing only gets worse with age.

I think Adams eggs are around the 18th.

Back
Top Bottom