Incubators Anonymous

A couple of our silkie babies.
IMG_20190429_184716.jpg

IMG_20190429_184750.jpg

How many eggs does she have? Usually they don’t leave till they all hatch, but if she does, I don’t see why they couldn’t be transferred to the incubator to finish. Then you can likely give them back to her.

:barnie
It’s hard to be mad at them when they think they are helping, but hopefully a few more make it.
She is currently sitting on 30 eggs, I moved a dozen ten days before she started sitting........if they all hatch 42 Guineas, I do not know what I will do with that many more Guineas but I absolutely love their antics.

I had 8 silkies hatch and 5 of my barnyard mixes, including an olive egger and easter egger. :yesss:

I put 4 turkey eggs into lockdown yesterday. 3 from my own birds and one lonely shipped egg. Those eggs were not packed well or shipped in a timely manner, so I'm happy at least one made it to lockdown.

Will have more eggs going into lockdown tomorrow, then I have to sit on my hands because I'll be out of town later this month and can't monitor things.:barnie

I had 8 silkies hatch and 5 of my barnyard mixes, including an olive egger and easter egger. :yesss:

I put 4 turkey eggs into lockdown yesterday. 3 from my own birds and one lonely shipped egg. Those eggs were not packed well or shipped in a timely manner, so I'm happy at least one made it to lockdown.

Will have more eggs going into lockdown tomorrow, then I have to sit on my hands because I'll be out of town later this month and can't monitor things.:barnie
You should have said something.. I had turkey eggs when you were here. We are just going to eat them.

With the amount of staggered hatches this spring quail,turkey,pheasant and chickens. Didnt like the up and down humidity in the cabint incubator and the foamie I usually hatch in wasnt big enough. Dug out the 1250 cabinet Hatcher I bought couple years ago. Cleaned it up plugged it in and it went right to 100 with 3 thermometers. Working great.
Hatched my first batch in it over weekend.
A lot easier to clean than foam.

My main test in it will be the end of the month. Didnt make it to a sale. To get rid of excess turkey eggs. So I set 7 dozen.

My hatch over weekend was 17 of 18 turkeys. And 15 of 15 on brahma and ee eggs

I went on vacation for 6 days, with 11 serama eggs in my Nurture Right. They were due today, so I had a couple days to bump the humidity. Well I returned on Tuesday morning and 7 had already hatched!! I pulled the live ones, and the other 4 eggs had already pipped, so I added some water and moved the 7 to the brooder. Those 4 hatched on Tuesday. They were in high humidity for barely a few hours. I was amazed at how well they hatched. I often have to assist seramas and have had quite a few die with broodies this year, so I may consider hatching them totally dry from now on. (and apparently my temp was up a bit too.. lol)

I went on vacation for 6 days, with 11 serama eggs in my Nurture Right. They were due today, so I had a couple days to bump the humidity. Well I returned on Tuesday morning and 7 had already hatched!! I pulled the live ones, and the other 4 eggs had already pipped, so I added some water and moved the 7 to the brooder. Those 4 hatched on Tuesday. They were in high humidity for barely a few hours. I was amazed at how well they hatched. I often have to assist seramas and have had quite a few die with broodies this year, so I may consider hatching them totally dry from now on. (and apparently my temp was up a bit too.. lol)
I have on occasion added eggs that were partially incubated with an unknown due date. My first clue is when I spot a hatchling walking around in the incubator that has hatched just fine in 30% humidity.

Back
Top Bottom