Incubators Anonymous

Ugh! Dang humidity!! AGAIN! I put my 10 eggs (which all look really good!) into lockdown last night and added some water to up my humidity...well, I guess I was a little overzealous with the water, cuz now it's up at almost 95%! I took a towel and tried to soak some of it up to lower it again (I want it between 70-75%) but Idk if it'll go down quickly enough. I swear, I can't wait til I make my own bator after new year's...this one just bugs me. It's because it's a Farm Innovators, so it's not the best quality there is...I'm also planning on getting a brinsea spot check soon so I can reliably keep tabs on my humidity. Don't know if I told you guys, but my incutherm plus was 28% (!!!) off when I calibrated it at the beginning of this hatch! I need something WAYYYY more reliable than that! I am officially never incubating in winter again. It is really hard here. I live at a pretty high elevation, we're humid in the summer, but it seems very dry in the winter...idk. I'm pretty dang frustrated, that's for sure! :rant

Ugh! Dang humidity!! AGAIN! I put my 10 eggs (which all look really good!) into lockdown last night and added some water to up my humidity...well, I guess I was a little overzealous with the water, cuz now it's up at almost 95%! I took a towel and tried to soak some of it up to lower it again (I want it between 70-75%) but Idk if it'll go down quickly enough. I swear, I can't wait til I make my own bator after new year's...this one just bugs me. It's because it's a Farm Innovators, so it's not the best quality there is...I'm also planning on getting a brinsea spot check soon so I can reliably keep tabs on my humidity. Don't know if I told you guys, but my incutherm plus was 28% (!!!) off when I calibrated it at the beginning of this hatch! I need something WAYYYY more reliable than that! I am officially never incubating in winter again. It is really hard here. I live at a pretty high elevation, we're humid in the summer, but it seems very dry in the winter...idk. I'm pretty dang frustrated, that's for sure! :rant

well that is frustrating
when it's dry in the house, some people have had luck putting a humidifier in the room

Ok, this might sound stupid, but have any of you ever heard of a roo going broody? My blue wheaten Am boy is currently laying on a couple of the girls' eggs, and he's making little cooing noises. What the heck? This can't be normal...
1512326701579-1526950864.jpg

Lol, what is he doing?

Back
Top Bottom