Incubators Anonymous

I honestly have no clue how many I have in right now :oops: I could always go check my notebook but that's too much work. I do know that eggs will be hatching every weekend for the foreseeable future lol

Haha! I'll bet you've got a bunch of fluffy chicks on the way! :love:jumpy

My Frizzled Polish eggs are on day 17. I pulled 1 blood ring on day 12. That leaves 29 in the incubator!

Aww!!:love Pictures when they hatch, please!! :celebrate

I have to put away my incubators and stay off ALL chicken related selling pages. My latest purchase was the 24 frizzled polish. She gave me 30 eggs. I had 25 hatch. I have grow out coop with the 15 chicks I won and all the ones from 2 of the 3 previous hatches. I have a small hatch - 3 chicks, plus 1 silkie that wasn't growing, with a broody mom in another pen. Now I have my latest hatch - 25 frizzled polish. I'm building a new pen, or rather putting together an old one, to try to encourage one of my broodies to take up residence, so that she can take these 22 babies (since 3 are going to a new home tomorrow).
Too many babies!!!!!

I have to put away my incubators and stay off ALL chicken related selling pages. My latest purchase was the 24 frizzled polish. She gave me 30 eggs. I had 25 hatch. I have grow out coop with the 15 chicks I won and all the ones from 2 of the 3 previous hatches. I have a small hatch - 3 chicks, plus 1 silkie that wasn't growing, with a broody mom in another pen. Now I have my latest hatch - 25 frizzled polish. I'm building a new pen, or rather putting together an old one, to try to encourage one of my broodies to take up residence, so that she can take these 22 babies (since 3 are going to a new home tomorrow).
Too many babies!!!!!
Wow! I know you feel. When I get 2-3 brooders of diff aged chicks, I go crazy and long for the chick free days of winter when all I needed to do was open/ shut the coop door!

I'm always amazed, though, how everything always works out. Last Thurs, I had 11 two & 1/2 week old chicks in the big brooder. Then I saw pips in the incubator & no idea where to put the hatchlings. Yikes! Then, someone made an offer to take all 11 chicks. She came at noon on Fri and by 12:30 my brooder was cleaned & ready to go!
:yesss:

I slipped 2 chicks under a hen that went broody. (She was sitting on a fake egg for only 5-6 days, so I wasn't sure if it would work.) Within an hour, she was happily clucking away, talking to her chicks. I then moved the mama into the big brooder and spent the afternoon slipping chicks under her as they fluffed up. On Sat, I sold 5 day olds.

I technically still have 2 brooders with chicks since DD has been keeping her bantam chicks in the house. I plan to move those into the big brooder since they're now 3 wks old, no longer as fragile, and about the same size as our day old orpingtons.

Let's hope my luck sticks around - especially when all the school eggs start hatching. In 3 weeks, the hatch results from 4 school incubators will be coming here.
:fl I'm hoping to sell off most of the current chicks and have a small enough number to move mama & remaining chicks into the coop. Then maybe another hen will go broody and she can go in the big brooder with all the school chicks. There may be one more hatch after that, but then the incubators will go into storage.

My test run of chicken eggs hatched. 12 of 18 eggs hatched. 3 not fertile. 1 pip and died. 2 quitters.

My shipped chukar eggs went into lockdown today. Saw at least 6 pipped. Set 120. 1st pip I noticed was a good sized hole. But he hit a vein and died. Maybe the rest will have better luck.

Have 100 turkey eggs cooking. Just started getting quail and pheasant eggs. Have 60 quail and 7 pheasant ready to go in as soon as a shelf in the cabinet opens up.

I only have a few cooking.... ok so lockdown tonight for a hatch on monday.... only 9 turkey and 6 duck and 14 chicken.
Oh and a few due may 2nd.... still cooking 14 turkey and 3 ducks and some chicks( I don't remember how many)
And for may 9th I started 16 turkey eggs and 12 ish chicken.....
So both the incubator and the hatcher are running and I am patiently waiting for room to put maybe a few more.
Now the only consideration is where to put all the babies when they hatch. Lol

I just hatched 16 chicks
IMG_20180420_134720.jpg
they are so precious.

Back
Top Bottom