Incubators Anonymous

We had a silly silkie go broody in Nov. The hatch date = Dec 2. We gave away some of the chicks but kept 3 for her to raise.

We kept 2 seramas & a blue orpington
View attachment 1644409 View attachment 1644410 View attachment 1644411

Forget the partridge. For Christmas, we had a serama in a pine tree & a living Nativity in our family room.
View attachment 1644420 View attachment 1644419

Here they are now at 6 weeks
View attachment 1644415 View attachment 1644418 View attachment 1644416
View attachment 1644417

The size difference of the siblings makes me giggle
1 week
View attachment 1644426
4 weeks
View attachment 1644425
5 weeks
View attachment 1644428

Those pictures are awesome lol! I love that silkie trying to sit on that big orpington chick! And the little Serama in everything is adorable!

I am hatching.... surprise —- surprise —- surprise.

I have ~75 eggs in the incubator.. and I have a turkey hen sitting on eggs. I do not know how many eggs she has,,, maybe 5-9... anyone wishing to know and who does not value their hands is free to come and look under her.

I think I'll pass on that one. I'm finally separating Pecked today so she can raise some babies.... And hopefully keep them alive this time. She's still refusing to leave the nest and is starting to lose weight.

:frow

Happy to be incubating again, before the broody bug hits hard here.

I have 2 incubators of Call ducks going!!
11 are due on Jan 26th, 14 more were just set on Sunday, so I haven’t removed any yet.

And I had a pair of pigeons hatch 2 squabs on Dec 2-3, but one died around day 5
The survivor Bugsy is almost 7 weeks old now
E34163EA-5BC4-443A-A143-4C727D84E2C7.jpeg
6C13B8DD-7B55-46C9-BD96-6885ED2E50D8.jpeg

And I have a broody duck. Or two.
One sticks to the eggs longer every day, but I’m still not sure if they are serious yet, or even how many eggs they have
FD700BE4-D54E-4335-8A35-F8E2E9BF991A.jpeg

11 are due on Jan 26th, 14 more were just set on Sunday, so I haven’t removed any yet.

And I had a pair of pigeons hatch 2 squabs on Dec 2-3, but one died around day 5
View attachment 1644541 View attachment 1644540

One sticks to the eggs longer every day, but I’m still not sure if they are serious yet, or even how many eggs they have
View attachment 1644542

That pigeon is adorable!

That pigeon is adorable!

Thanks! I got the adult pair a few months ago, then when only one of their babies survived, I started looking for it a mate. Ended up driving 3 hours to get more, came home with 5 more, so now I have 8! Sadly, I won’t likely incubate any of their eggs. They take care of all that. Feeding baby pigeons is difficult!
257CA46E-1FBD-48C7-B0CD-AA20F68D178A.jpeg

Thanks! I got the adult pair a few months ago, then when only one of their babies survived, I started looking for it a mate. Ended up driving 3 hours to get more, came home with 5 more, so now I have 8! Sadly, I won’t likely incubate any of their eggs. They take care of all that. Feeding baby pigeons is difficult!
View attachment 1644550

What kind are they? Someone was just telling me about a certain type of pigeon the other day that doesn't really for and can live right in with the chickens.

Mine are Satinettes, also called Oriental Frills. I have them in a pen that was built for chickens, but they don’t mingle with the chickens. I haven’t considered putting them with any chickens, but I suppose they would do ok. I’m sure there are some breeds of pigeons that would do better with certain breeds of chickens. I’ve just gotten into them though. There is a breed called Modena that I’ve read is more chicken-like.

I eventually plan to let mine fly out into the covered duck run. I doubt the ducks would mess with them, and they could fly away from them. They are really interesting and entertaining birds. I took this video yesterday

Mine are Satinettes, also called Oriental Frills. I have them in a pen that was built for chickens, but they don’t mingle with the chickens. I haven’t considered putting them with any chickens, but I suppose they would do ok. I’m sure there are some breeds of pigeons that would do better with certain breeds of chickens. I’ve just gotten into them though. There is a breed called Modena that I’ve read is more chicken-like.

I eventually plan to let mine fly out into the covered duck run. I doubt the ducks would mess with them, and they could fly away from them. They are really interesting and entertaining birds. I took this video yesterday

Modenas, that's the breed he was talking about!

View attachment 1644541 View attachment 1644540

View attachment 1644542
Ha that is not the type of sky rats, I mean pigeons :oops:, I am used to. That is the cutest thing ever. Almost makes me want some. :love

Back
Top Bottom