Incubators Anonymous

Another 100% hatch (from all the eggs that made to lockdown. I did have some "clears" and 1 quitter during the 1st week.)
Throughout the day, the chicks were gradually moved to mama sebright. They've all been accepted and are doing well.
img_8056-copy-jpg.1832808

Here are a few of the orps
img_8062-copy-jpg.1832809
img_8071-copy-jpg.1832810

Believe it or not, I only have 2 eggs in my cabinet incubator now. They're due this weekend and then that will be it. No more hatching..... For A while anyway. I already have plans to seperate a few more birds lol
You are as bad as me.... I only have 2 more weekends worth of hatches with every intention of waiting till the middle of August to set one more fall batch..... ok I was not supposed to be hatching past the end of may, but I couldn't keep those eggs from jumping in my incubator. (You believe me right?)

You are as bad as me.... I only have 2 more weekends worth of hatches with every intention of waiting till the middle of August to set one more fall batch..... ok I was not supposed to be hatching past the end of may, but I couldn't keep those eggs from jumping in my incubator. (You believe me right?)

oh I believe you! The same thing kept happening here!

She's got her wings full!
She sure does! I normally would put a "mama heating pad" in with her, but it's so hot & humid outside. It felt like 90'F today & tonight's low is 70'F. I'm hoping they'll just stay close to each other to stay warm. (During the day, several chicks were sleeping away from the huddle & Trouble was panting.)

That chicken is adorable! A sebright? *Nvm, read the previous pages
Hello, my name is Alison. It just started with a $20 incubator off eBay, then 2 Janoel 12's, after that a couple of styrofoam bators from TSC and Gebo's plus a small Brinsea. But then I found an old GQF 1202 on craigslist and then there was a slight loss of control on eBay so right now I have a broody hen on quail, pheasant, and turkey eggs, two small incubators full of chicken eggs, an incubator filled with guinea eggs, a few dozen eggs waiting for an incubator, duck, chicken and guinea eggs in the GQF, and ordered a boatload of peafowl eggs off eBay so had to get 2 more larger Brinseas to hold them all. Also there are 5 brooders in my spare bedroom (ringneck pheasants, bobwhite quail, guineas, turkeys, and chicks), a brooder outside for the goslings, and the broody hen is camped out in a crate in the bedroom as well due to a bobcat mother and kitten eating all of her friends.
I think I need help.

That chicken is adorable! A sebright? *Nvm, read the previous pages
Hello, my name is Alison. It just started with a $20 incubator off eBay, then 2 Janoel 12's, after that a couple of styrofoam bators from TSC and Gebo's plus a small Brinsea. But then I found an old GQF 1202 on craigslist and then there was a slight loss of control on eBay so right now I have a broody hen on quail, pheasant, and turkey eggs, two small incubators full of chicken eggs, an incubator filled with guinea eggs, a few dozen eggs waiting for an incubator, duck, chicken and guinea eggs in the GQF, and ordered a boatload of peafowl eggs off eBay so had to get 2 more larger Brinseas to hold them all. Also there are 5 brooders in my spare bedroom (ringneck pheasants, bobwhite quail, guineas, turkeys, and chicks), a brooder outside for the goslings, and the broody hen is camped out in a crate in the bedroom as well due to a bobcat mother and kitten eating all of her friends.
I think I need help.

You really fell in head first, didn't you! My GQF 1202 was my treasured Craigslist find too. I love that thing!

Back
Top Bottom