Incubators Anonymous

Hang in there. I know how you feel. I'm not good at waiting. DH encourages me to hatch in spite of the fact that (in his words) I "fret over" it. He says, "You're going to fret over something, may as well be something you like." Oh, well; at least he has a positive attitude toward it. lol
LOL...love the out look
wink.png

I've never experienced a social network as helpful or friendly as this one. Books are good, but hands on advice is priceless. It took me a few days to make a decision on which incubator. I think it's a Hanven, looks like a plastic yellow box. I was going to get a havabator but with the styrofoam I thought that would be hard to clean and sanitize. Not sure how many times I'm going to use it. Does anyone know where I can find fertile eggs to purchase other than eBay? I've been chatting it up with a lady on eBay about her Buttercup eggs. I also found a super rare breed of black Castelanas eggs that ship from Northern Ireland off eBay. But we were thinking even if nothing happened to them sitting in customs for too long would have an effect on fertility. What do you guys think. :idunno

I'm on day 18 of my hatch and keeping the humidity above 60% for the last few hours is proving very difficult. I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me if it's ok to open the bator to add a few wet sponges at this stage or is it too late?

I'm on day 18 of my hatch and keeping the humidity above 60% for the last few hours is proving very difficult. I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me if it's ok to open the bator to add a few wet sponges at this stage or is it too late?

I put some new tampons in a bowl to help hold in the water. I'm on day 20. Had to add some water really quickly this morning. No pips yet.

Back
Top Bottom