Incubators Anonymous

Quote:
Hi Rita
smile.png

Wow
ep.gif
....lol. Good that you were able to sell your adult birds - and so many! Care to share your secret for getting rid of so many at once??? Hatching wouldn't be such a problem for me if my DH didn't think he'd get stuck building another coop...
Oh you must post some pics or at least a link to some pics when your latest lockdown batch hatches...those are really some fuzzy butts there. I just have 3 little silkies as lawn ornaments. They are the most amusing little stinkers..
love.gif

Quote:
Hi Rita
smile.png

Wow
ep.gif
....lol. Good that you were able to sell your adult birds - and so many! Care to share your secret for getting rid of so many at once??? Hatching wouldn't be such a problem for me if my DH didn't think he'd get stuck building another coop...
Oh you must post some pics or at least a link to some pics when your latest lockdown batch hatches...those are really some fuzzy butts there. I just have 3 little silkies as lawn ornaments. They are the most amusing little stinkers..
love.gif

My dh told me when I got the first batch that I was in charge of the building. Now I have two coops 37 birds and 12 more in the incubator. Now he thinks leaving me in charge is not such a good idea.

Hi,my name is Karen .I am a hatching addict. I thought I could control this behavor but I can not. I thought I was able to turn off the bator two months ago but the serama started laying.Those eggs were soo tiny and cute .They were begging to be hatched. Well couldn't put them in by themselves so I had to add a few cochins and one or two silkies. That was it! I told myself no more after these!! Well somehow I came across some true Ameracuna eggs soo in the bator they went. NO MORE after that hatch I told myself AGAIN.
Well they just hatched out today, but guess what:p Last week Kelar had put up some silkie eggs on the auction and who in their right mind would pass up eggs from CatDance. Not me
celebrate.gif
. So I split the order with a friend. Good thinking right? Wrong! I was lurking again and seen she had more up for auction .I thought "What the heck.The eggs I have now will have roosters in it so to be able to get a better chance of some pullets I should just go ahead and order some more! And I DID:thumbsup...
I can not seem to get on the wagon

I haven't had much luck with shipped eggs, but on eggs laid by my hens and on eggs I've driven to pick up, I've done well. I've supplemented the flock with a few hatchery/TSC/Orscheln's birds (the Sebrights) and a pair of Rosecombs bought at a swap. I haven't eaten a single Rosecomb egg yet; I've incubated them all!!!
lol.png

This is the first time that I have bought hatching eggs as I have heard the rate of hatch is bad. I am trying to build my foundation silkie stock as I am going to start showing my babies and her birds are some of the best I have seen. I have a rooster from her that is beyond beautiful. If I can get only 6 to hatch from each order I will be more than happy.I normally do not buy eggs that have to be shipped but I felt hers were woth the risk.So far most are forming and that's good news:ya
I will be a hatching fool come this spring !!! LOL There will be NO stopping me.
I only let them eat the eggs out of my laying pen which has RedStars and Barred rocks in it .

Hi, I'm Maggie, and I'm an incubating addict.

I tried at first with a hovabator, but gave up because I wasn't getting good hatches. Then, I got a Brinsea Mini.

I should have a second group hatching out Monday. My husband asked why on earth would I need to hatch more chicks?

Someone, help me here...
roll.png

My name is David and I do not have a problem. Doesnt everyone have a 120 egg bator, 40 egg bator, and a 200 egg hatcher in their office? My eggs, neighbors eggs, shipped eggs. I am an equal opportunity hatcher.

Quote:
I don't see a problem with that at all
wink.png
.I have been thinking and it could be that we are not the ones with the problem at all.We could very well be the normal ones. The people with the problem just may be the ones who EATS those little chickies wanting to be born and has the nerve to call us EGG HOARDERS!!!!!
tongue.gif

riane'smimi :

Quote:
How many eggs can you hatch in the Brinsea Mini? Is it a good incubator? I have two LG and so far they have done pretty good but I want better than pretty good
smile.png

In a Mini you can hatch just 7, which makes it ideal for me. Brinsea makes bigger incubators, of course, but they are pricey. Still, getting 7 out of 7 first time is pretty impressive. This time, I think I'll be getting 6 out of 7 (one egg must have been too old -- I'm hatching eggs from the same chicken -- my only blue marans.) Right now, the eggs look like they're all highly developed, except one. So, I'm betting 6 out of 7.

I'm impressed enough with the Brinsea to consider their brooder lamp.

I'm thinking of popping in more eggs after this hatch. But my excuses are lame.
roll.png
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom