Incubators Anonymous

Well I got my excitement getting that chicken killer shot today, I have been after that one for a year! It ate two chicken tractors of pullets and a quail pen of my first breeder quail. Revenge is sweet!

I just put my very first batch of eggs in the incubator! I'm so nervous! I hope they hatch. Took me a few days to get the temp right.

Quote:
I remeber feeling the exact same way during my first attempt at hatching. A very stressful experience. I found a notebook to be very helpful. AND the next hatch gets easier emotionally, anyway.

Have fun--you will be very excited to see the pips in your very own incubator.

I'm in withdrawal.

Nothing in the incubator. Still thinking about white leghorns. Like fertile eggs from the grocer; just not sure I want any leghorn roosters.
caf.gif

Quote:
I can't get the fertile eggs at the store so I need the roo.... pens have officially started being accumulated! I have a free roo if I want, just need a place for him
he.gif

Should I start a thread about the pallet breeding pen build?

I am definitely an addict my little load of a dozen eggs is now 24+ shipped eg sand 15 of my own just because the yolks look fertile so I want to see what kind of babies will hatch when I breed comets to a comet rooster. Not sure how I got super birds but my comet roo is 10lbs easy and my hens are already 6 or more so they should make some yummy babies. Worth a try anyway right? Plus I need more dellys to be my lap chickens and brahmas because my last hatch only had 2 girls. 42 more wouldn't be bad right? After all we are processing the meaties this weekend so it all adds up with chicken math.

T-Minus One day to Hatch...
This is where we separate the Women from the girls, I suspect.
Dying to go stalk my hen, but hoping I will have made the right choice to leave her in peace and let Mother Nature midwife this clutch.
Just about to Officially go from Egg Thief to Chicken Farmer...
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom