Incubators Anonymous

Quote:
Awe!! That rooster is a fine look'in man isn't he! Are the grown, and laying? Or still just juvies? You're gonna get some super cute babies from them!
bow.gif

~Aspen

Grown roo and juvenile girls, but they are pinking up. I don't know how old they are but not far from laying I wouldn't think, a couple of months at most.

DMRippy - you are a bad influence on me
big_smile.png
I picked up a trio of Mille Fleur D'uccles and one Golden Neck D'uccles hen yesterday. A lady within the state shows hers at her local county fair and they've done well. She has like 200 D'uccles, a few BOs, about 50 various ducks...and is moving so has to sell off her flock. I felt sorry for her so I had to go buy some to help her out
smile.png

Quote:
Grown roo and juvenile girls, but they are pinking up. I don't know how old they are but not far from laying I wouldn't think, a couple of months at most.

DMRippy - you are a bad influence on me
big_smile.png
I picked up a trio of Mille Fleur D'uccles and one Golden Neck D'uccles hen yesterday. A lady within the state shows hers at her local county fair and they've done well. She has like 200 D'uccles, a few BOs, about 50 various ducks...and is moving so has to sell off her flock. I felt sorry for her so I had to go buy some to help her out
smile.png

Lucky!! If ya were closer I'd give you two Porcelain hens and Lemon D'uccle boy.

~Aspen

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Great find!! I bought two Sportsman incubators for $300.00 but..I couldn't find a hatcher.
hit.gif
barnie.gif

~Aspen

that was my first choice, but $$ being tight I settled for what i could afford LOL 2 hovabators. added fans to both, turner to one, so i've got an incubator and hatcher separated... my old one years ago worked just fine, and i'm familiar with how they run so cross fingers these do well too.
smile.png

depending how these do, i may invest in a sportsman down the road (tax time)... time will tell.​

Quote:
Great find!! I bought two Sportsman incubators for $300.00 but..I couldn't find a hatcher.
hit.gif
barnie.gif

~Aspen

that was my first choice, but $$ being tight I settled for what i could afford LOL 2 hovabators. added fans to both, turner to one, so i've got an incubator and hatcher separated... my old one years ago worked just fine, and i'm familiar with how they run so cross fingers these do well too.
smile.png

depending how these do, i may invest in a sportsman down the road (tax time)... time will tell.

I have a 1588 Hova-Bator, and then a Brinsea Mini Advanced. I like them all.

~Aspen

Quote:
hit.gif
barnie.gif

~Aspen

smile.png

depending how these do, i may invest in a sportsman down the road (tax time)... time will tell.

Happy hatching!

No problem, Kalikopoodles, I'm both a hatching addict and an egg pusher....LOL........... Just sold 10 easter egger hens and now, more silkies in the incubator!!!!!!!!!!!

I shipped out three boxes of eggs, and bid on one auction. So I still have less eggs than when I started.:-D Well , I can use a new bloodline with the buckeyes, and the price was good so I went for it. Waiting on eggs from the monthly swap. Sold 21 chicks this morning, and moved the baby quail into a bigger pen.
lol.png

Quote:
Mine too! i think mine are a day or two behind though. A granddaughter turned the incubator off over night one night, one of the bulbs blew and then the 2nd day in the hatcher BOTH bulbs blew! It was just a few hours, but they may be late....

Back
Top Bottom