Incubators Anonymous

Quote: actually, that incubator pictured has fan and auto turner... but i don't care much for that particular incubator, i've found the thermostat's a bit sticky.
tested it out for a friend. she sent it back and went with the hovabator genesis. a bit more money but well worth it IMO. it's also got the air circulation, electronic thermostat etc...

if i had to buy a new incubator i'd probably get that one. but my old hovabators are doing just fine. we know each other well. 8)

Oh dear; I'm afraid my children might call someone for an intervention..... Actually they all know their mom is crazy; that's where they got it from.

I set 74 eggs tonight! (and ooooh look, there's room for more....)

All the white ones are duck eggs, the shiney ones are Muscovy and the matte ones are Welsh Harlequin, 27 altogether. The 5 dark speckled ones at the top are from my welsummer pullet and the other browns are from an old Wellie hen (about 5 yrs old) and a Wellie cross. All the blues and greens come from my oldest three easter egger girls. All of these girls are in with a very pretty red easter egger boy. He has a nice wide behind so I"m hoping he'll put some more width into the girls; some of them are pretty pinched in the tail.
The chickens are due April 7, the Welsh Harlequins are due April 14 and the Muscovy sometime around April 28 give or take a day or two because moms been sitting on some of these that long.

Oh dear; I'm afraid my children might call someone for an intervention..... Actually they all know their mom is crazy; that's where they got it from.

I set 74 eggs tonight! (and ooooh look, there's room for more....)

All the white ones are duck eggs, the shiney ones are Muscovy and the matte ones are Welsh Harlequin, 27 altogether. The 5 dark speckled ones at the top are from my welsummer pullet and the other browns are from an old Wellie hen (about 5 yrs old) and a Wellie cross. All the blues and greens come from my oldest three easter egger girls. All of these girls are in with a very pretty red easter egger boy. He has a nice wide behind so I"m hoping he'll put some more width into the girls; some of them are pretty pinched in the tail.
The chickens are due April 7, the Welsh Harlequins are due April 14 and the Muscovy sometime around April 28 give or take a day or two because moms been sitting on some of these that long.

Please tell me you have some way to automatically turn these guys!! IA peeps need auto-turners otherwise we would spend all day turning eggs, LOL.

Oh I couldn't imagine turning 74+ eggs! lol

I set 12 eggs tonight from my neighbor, he is giving me a dozen eggs a week to hatch. Found my first Cayuga egg of the year in the coop today also, so if she isn't sitting on them by next Sunday I will have about 6-12 duck eggs in next week. (Depends on if all my ducks start laying or not)

Serama's are on strike at the moment, but they should be laying soon.

I told my husband and he said "You are already hatching again?!"

Hi my name is melania and I am a hatch aholic .....lol. having trouble finding eggs to hatch in my area :( im in Hillsboro oregon
I have got a few hatches under my belt and 1 as we speak just barn yard mixes but want to move on to something. I can sale....any suggestion?
Im getting a cabinet bater soon so will have room :) have batomes in one batter now and barn yard hatching sooooo cute oh and ducks ready to go in after this hatch!!!

Please tell me you have some way to automatically turn these guys!! IA peeps need auto-turners otherwise we would spend all day turning eggs, LOL.

lol. Nope manual turning for the moment. Tho this tray has the sliding bottom that would turn the whole tray at once but the bars that went across it to help do that are missing. I think I can just gently roll them a few at a time with my hand. I do need to make another tray tho; the third tray that came with this bator doesn't actually fit in it; it's too narrow to reach the cleats on each side.

Back
Top Bottom