Incubators Anonymous

I am probably going to run 2 or 3 hatches a year. I did get a little giant instead and have 30 eggs on now. White Chantecelor eggs and some mixed. My first time around.. Hope all goes well. Thank you!

Quote: yup. since I don't know what days the hens started sitting each egg, it's kind of hard to determine when hatch will be, unless I see drawdown or internal pip. some I've caught with external pip. into the hatcher they go. and none have quit on me doing this. if they've quit it's usually prior to pip.

I am probably going to run 2 or 3 hatches a year. I did get a little giant instead and have 30 eggs on now. White Chantecelor eggs and some mixed. My first time around.. Hope all goes well. Thank you!
frow.gif
GOOD LUCK !
fl.gif

Quote: yup. since I don't know what days the hens started sitting each egg, it's kind of hard to determine when hatch will be, unless I see drawdown or internal pip. some I've caught with external pip. into the hatcher they go. and none have quit on me doing this. if they've quit it's usually prior to pip.
Between your info and Oz, that explains why I am getting beter rates if I leave the eggs in the incubator( dry) until first ext pip and then move them over to the hatcher. I'm trying to dry the eggs down more, but as I don't put in any water to begin with this will be a challenge.

Oz , you used AC as I remember?

frow.gif
GOOD LUCK !
fl.gif

Between your info and Oz, that explains why I am getting beter rates if I leave the eggs in the incubator( dry) until first ext pip and then move them over to the hatcher. I'm trying to dry the eggs down more, but as I don't put in any water to begin with this will be a challenge.

Oz , you used AC as I remember?
i actually have dehimidifiers in my megabator in the phils. i pull a cup of water a day out of the incubator.

the humidity in there is high - 40-50% so i dont add water at all during hatch - i move then to a hatcher and run it dry. the hatching chicks provide the extra humidity.

Back
Top Bottom