Incubators Anonymous

I have a pip! I have a pip!
wee.gif

I checked my incubator this morning and found that one of my eggs has an external pip! "Hatch Day" is tomorrow, so this guy is a little early, but it was also a smaller egg. I kind of expected if this one hatched it would be a little earlier than the rest.

BUT I HAVE A PIP!
celebrate.gif

Momma started Hatching last Saturday 21 June and by Monday
she had 13 chicks ...

So I took away the other egg's as she was very busy with her chicks ...

But now she is up to 20 under her as 8 more hatched out last
night and I put 6 of them under her ...

The other 2 are drying out in the incubator and one was shrink
wrapped and another is peeping ....

So end result is it looks like at 24 weeks old this pullet has 23
chicks to raise ,, talking about the old women in the shoe .....

gander007
old.gif

Momma started Hatching last Saturday 21 June and by Monday she had 13 chicks ... So I took away the other egg's as she was very busy with her chicks ... But now she is up to 20 under her as 8 more hatched out last night and I put 6 of them under her ... The other 2 are drying out in the incubator and one was shrink wrapped and another is peeping .... So end result is it looks like at 24 weeks old this pullet has 23 chicks to raise ,, talking about the old women in the shoe ..... gander007 :old
Haha that is one busy momma!! :)

I had 10 Welsummer chicks hatch last night. I have 1 that has done nothing. giving it another day. I won 6 in an auction and the guy sent me 12. 1 was a clear at day 14 so I tossed. 83% hatch rate. Hubby said since I paid for 6 I have a 166% hatch rate. LOL

last night's hatch

I have 5 silkie eggs in the bator due on the 4th, 3 ginger red eggs, 2 mystery bantam eggs, and 10 more mystery breed eggs in the bator all due on the 3rd.

I am already looking for more eggs to put in for August. I think I may have a problem.

I did it! I did it! I hatched a chick in my incubator!!!!!
celebrate.gif
(Pictures to come when the chick isn't stuck in the corner inside an egg carton.)

I have a cut egg carton (only four "cups") in the incubator holding a temp/hygrometer and the chick managed to make its way into one of the cups. Remove it or let it work its own way out? I'm leaning towards let it be for now.

I did it! I did it! I hatched a chick in my incubator!!!!!
celebrate.gif
(Pictures to come when the chick isn't stuck in the corner inside an egg carton.)

I have a cut egg carton (only four "cups") in the incubator holding a temp/hygrometer and the chick managed to make its way into one of the cups. Remove it or let it work its own way out? I'm leaning towards let it be for now.

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom