Incubators Anonymous

I have 10 chicks out of 13!!! I love this!!! Time to clean and put more eggs in at midnight!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
for your
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I have 9 eggs in. I set 8 three weeks ago, lost one a week later, and then set two more a week after that.
I candled on day 18 and the most developed ones looked like they were at day 16, the rest didn't even look that far along.
I candled yesterday (day 21) and 2 looked pretty much ready for lockdown, but the rest were behind them and a couple of them still didn't even look like they were 16 days along yet. I saw movement and good blood vessels in all of them, so I put them all back. But when are my eggs going to hatch???????????????????????????????
I know the answer is when they're good and ready to, but it's so hard to wait on slow eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif

Last edited:
Well my first attempt at hatching failed miserably. I lost them all due to a heating element failure in a brand new incubator half way thru embryo development. I thought I had fixed the problem and had reordered more eggs for a second try. But it stopped warming again on the delivery day of my eggs. I really wanted my gold legbars eggs to hatch for the New Year Hatchalong. After seeing how depressed I was, later that day my husband appeared in the doorway with a brand new incubator. "Merry Christmas" he told me. I like his style. So now I'm thrilled to try again just in time. After stressing so much over the first batch I hope the second time around gets a little easier. :fl

Well my first attempt at hatching failed miserably. I lost them all due to a heating element failure in a brand new incubator half way thru embryo development. I thought I had fixed the problem and had reordered more eggs for a second try. But it stopped warming again on the delivery day of my eggs. I really wanted my gold legbars eggs to hatch for the New Year Hatchalong. After seeing how depressed I was, later that day my husband appeared in the doorway with a brand new incubator. "Merry Christmas" he told me. I like his style. So now I'm thrilled to try again just in time. After stressing so much over the first batch I hope the second time around gets a little easier.
fl.gif

Aww...so sorry
hugs.gif
How awesome is your hubby????
thumbsup.gif
Good luck with your hatch in your new bator! I was also going to do the New Years hatch-a-long but I just couldn't find the eggs I wanted. I started looking and then life got a little crazy and I just didn't have the time to look
sad.png
Happy Hatching!!!!
jumpy.gif

I have 9 eggs in. I set 8 three weeks ago, lost one a week later, and then set two more a week after that.
I candled on day 18 and the most developed ones looked like they were at day 16, the rest didn't even look that far along.
I candled yesterday (day 21) and 2 looked pretty much ready for lockdown, but the rest were behind them and a couple of them still didn't even look like they were 16 days along yet. I saw movement and good blood vessels in all of them, so I put them all back. But when are my eggs going to hatch???????????????????????????????
I know the answer is when they're good and ready to, but it's so hard to wait on slow eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
th.gif

LOL...how are your eggs doing???? Haven't been on in a while. I was reading on another thread about your hoping one of your girls would go broody, but didn't happen
sad.png
My girl will "debate" about going broody sometimes for a 2-3 weeks before she actually sits....she currently has been "debating" for about 2 weeks now...LOL! She gets all clucky and puffs up while shes walking around, but then goes back to normal chicken behavior....crazy girls!!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom