Incubators Anonymous

Iam pretty new at incubating, but i was wondering what is a reilistic hatch rate. u know if i but 40 eggs in what is a good number to get out. just wondering what u smart peoples have to say about it. i have had 2 batches and minus the un fertile eggs i have got 4 out of 10. just wondering i think it should be higher..
Shipped eggs? good
Local eggs? Poor. many reasons for poor hatching rates.

I hit the motherlode for an IA member. I went and looked at an incubator last night that is owned by the local pheasant club. They do not use it anymore and haven't for a few years. One of the members has it at his house and said they might GIVE it to me as long as I promise to hatch some pheasants for them every spring. This bator is huge! It has four turning racks which hold 9 egg trays on each. Thats a total of 1728 eggs single stacked. And this one can be double stacked for a grand total max egg capacity of 3456 eggs! All it needs is a new thermostat and to be put together. I will find out this weekend if the club approves it.

I hit the motherlode for an IA member. I went and looked at an incubator last night that is owned by the local pheasant club. They do not use it anymore and haven't for a few years. One of the members has it at his house and said they might GIVE it to me as long as I promise to hatch some pheasants for them every spring. This bator is huge! It has four turning racks which hold 9 egg trays on each. Thats a total of 1728 eggs single stacked. And this one can be double stacked for a grand total max egg capacity of 3456 eggs! All it needs is a new thermostat and to be put together. I will find out this weekend if the club approves it.
OMG, you are in SO much trouble!!!
ep.gif

I know! My wife just rolled her eyes when I told her about it. She asked me how the heck am I ever going to fill it and I just looked at her and said "I guess I need more chickens!"
You CAN'T fill that thing! What and how would you grow them, brood them sell them?
ep.gif
That is A LOT of chicks. You need to take orders and then hatch as usual..... maybe to sweeten the deal to get it, offer to hatch for the members for 25% of the hatch..... keeps it full gives you some to sell......

Too Funny. I was just checking out this thread as I was thinking I need to join it and who do I see? DMRippy!
frow.gif
Saw some very nice BLRW at Topsfield and then your ad. Just HAD to bid on your eggs, too funny! Now I'm ordering different eggs from a farm in OH as if I have my incubator going for one group of eggs
fl.gif
I might as well fill the whole thing up. Wouldn't want to waste any electricity!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom