Incuview Incubator

Pics
Two hours later and it's holding steady!

HAHA! Your eggs look BEAUTIFUL, jbher! I just set mine this morning-- 9 eggs at 11:00 AM, and 3 tonight. The temp and humidity on mine is holding steady too...I think we got ourselves one lovely little machine...this is EGGciting!! I hope it's okay if we follow each other's progress.

Oh, and what type of chicken are those really dark eggs from? They're amazing. Good luck with your hatch.
thumbsup.gif

Once I started setting right away, my hatch rate increased. I also wash & sanitize my eggs & that improved my hatch rate as well. Last hatch was 79% from shipped! I've had as high as 85% from shipped, but only from backyard mixes, not pure breeds.
I have wondered how/what people use to sanitize the eggs. Some of mine have a little yuck on them, and I didn't know if that would be bad to put in the bator if they aren't perfectly clean. I see from pictures that may not be so?

Please share how you sanitize before incubating and what you use?

I bought an IncuView before there were more than two reviews, but I haven't used it yet. I am glad to see more info coming in on it. I am a novice at incubation, always let the hen do it! I am also off grid and will review power consumption as the hatch progresses. Temperatures fluctuate in the cabin also. Not a lot I can do about that, so we'll see how it handles things.

Thank you so much to those of you who are sharing your experiences. I have high hopes for this incubator. It's just the right size, two dozen chicks is actually more than I like to take care of at once! Happy Hatching!

jumpy.gif

I have wondered how/what people use to sanitize the eggs. Some of mine have a little yuck on them, and I didn't know if that would be bad to put in the bator if they aren't perfectly clean. I see from pictures that may not be so?

Please share how you sanitize before incubating and what you use?

I bought an IncuView before there were more than two reviews, but I haven't used it yet. I am glad to see more info coming in on it. I am a novice at incubation, always let the hen do it! I am also off grid and will review power consumption as the hatch progresses. Temperatures fluctuate in the cabin also. Not a lot I can do about that, so we'll see how it handles things.

Thank you so much to those of you who are sharing your experiences. I have high hopes for this incubator. It's just the right size, two dozen chicks is actually more than I like to take care of at once! Happy Hatching!

jumpy.gif
Hi...I have an IncuView incubator too, and so far I really like it...it's accurate and of the 12 eggs I placed in mine, 4 turned out infertile, and 8 are now in lock down, scheduled to hatch on April 19...I can see movement in almost all the eggs when I shine the little flashlight on them ...it's random tho, I try not to get too worried; I have faith all of mine will make it...

I didn't sanitize the eggs...if there's a little schmutz on the shell, wipe it off with a paper towel that's BARELY moistened...dirty eggs will contaminate the clean eggs, and it's advisable to place only clean eggs from the nest box vs. from the floor into the incubator...I don't sanitize mine, although I've read here that a lot of people do, and get good results. Also, I've read papers published on the net stating that if one must wash the eggs, to wash them in water warmer than the shell...any washing or sanitizing however, pushes germs and bacteria in thru the pores of the shells...

Also, you'd have to find a warm place in your cabin, maybe set up a box somewhere, place the incubator inside it, then monitor the temp while the incubator is running without eggs in it...my kitchen is the only stable warm place in the house, so the eggs have been developing on the counter...

oh. and being off the grid is okay, I think...just get the adapters and a 12v battery and hook the incubator up to that, although I can't give specifics on that point since I haven't explored them further...good luck and happy hatching to you TOO!
wee.gif

I expect my Incuview to arrive on Monday. I'll update here with how things go. I've got 15 Jersey Giant eggs from ChickieLady, and I'll add some of our girl's eggs too. So very excited to give this incubator a workout! :)

Back
Top Bottom