Incuview Incubator

Pics
I have wondered how/what people use to sanitize the eggs. Some of mine have a little yuck on them, and I didn't know if that would be bad to put in the bator if they aren't perfectly clean. I see from pictures that may not be so?

Please share how you sanitize before incubating and what you use?

I bought an IncuView before there were more than two reviews, but I haven't used it yet. I am glad to see more info coming in on it. I am a novice at incubation, always let the hen do it! I am also off grid and will review power consumption as the hatch progresses. Temperatures fluctuate in the cabin also. Not a lot I can do about that, so we'll see how it handles things.

Thank you so much to those of you who are sharing your experiences. I have high hopes for this incubator. It's just the right size, two dozen chicks is actually more than I like to take care of at once! Happy Hatching!

jumpy.gif
I wash in water that is hotter than the egg. Colder water will make the egg contract & pull in bacteria whereas hot water will make the egg expand & push it out. If they are clean, I simply dip the egg in hot water (around 105 F) & a couple tablespoons of Oxine mixed in. If washing eggs, I will just use running hot water & do a quick wet & wipe with my finger or a paper towel. Super soiled eggs will get washed on hot water/vinegar solution. NOTE: I do not make a practice of setting dirty eggs! I do, however buy a lot of eggs (or barter for them on Facebook) & I don't know where these eggs were collected, how they were handled, or the condition of their birds all the time. That is why I wash. Super soiled would only be set if they were expensive eggs (like my peafowl eggs were)

My eggs are in lock down right now and I left the turn in it , but turned it off according to the instrution. Is there a reason why some of you take out the turner tray during lock down.

My eggs are in lock down right now and I left the turn in it , but turned it off according to the instrution. Is there a reason why some of you take out the turner tray during lock down.
I know people take the Little Giant type turner out because it's difficult to clean...... and it gives more room with better footing for new chicks to move around.

I put 20 eggs in lockdown and 18 hatched! 19 pipped but died in shell. 20th was a clear Marans! So 18/19 fertile eggs hatched! Loved the incubator!! Do wish it was easier to open and close. Aligning the lid with the turner arm can be tricky. Especially grabbing a chick and doing the lid with one hand. But really did love it!!! Held temps perfectly!!

My IncuView arrived today and is currently stabilizing! I am so excited to use it as this will be my first hatch! I have ordered eggs from @Papa Brooder and can't wait for them to get here! I will be setting:

4 Crested Cream Legbars

4 Marans- French BBS Copper

2 Lavender Marans

2 Orpingtons- Lavender

2 Silkies- silver partridge

2 Silkies- blue splash

2 Wyandottes

2 Chocolate Orpingtons

2 frizzles

Well I just put a call into Incubator Warehouse. The display was perfect when I first plugged it in. I left it to stabilize and just went back to see how the temp and humidity was doing and the screen looks blank! If I look a it from an extreme angle I can read it, it almost looks like it has been dimmed. I did the reset on it successfully but it still appears dimmed. Hopefully it will be an easy fix!

@MargaretYakoda when are you setting eggs?

We set the eggs early this morning. Fifteen Jersey Giants from ChickieLady, and nine backyard mixes fathered by our Orpington roo.

We had a bit of trouble getting the IncuView up to temp at first, as the ambient temp in our livingroom was about 60. So we got the space heater going again on the other side of the room, and put the IncuView on a big fluffy towel to insulate the bottom. In ten minutes the incubator got up to temp and has stayed there!

Back
Top Bottom