Incuview Incubator

Pics
Incu VIEW is right! LOL!
We had one chick who was under out broody, but hadn't pipped properly.
Her membranes were drying out, so I tried an assisted hatch. All I did, really, was put two drops of water from a Qtip to moisten the membrane. Then I set her in the incuview with the eggs that are expected to hatch on the 8th. (or 9th, or 10th.... they're Jersey Giants so it will be a slow hatch.)

Within two hours this little girl kicked her way out of the shell, and we were able to watch the whole show!

2 weeks and four days ago we set the eggs, and we've already got one internal and one external pip. Lockdown according to the timer is in thirteen hours, but because of the pips I've taken the tray out already.

We have a mix of Jersey Giant eggs and backyard eggs which includes some bantams. Both pips are bantams. Next time I do this I will definitely make sure all the eggs are the same size.

I'm not using any other thermometer or hygrometer, so I'm relying completely on the IncuView's equipment. So far so good, everything's held steady with nearly no variation.

That is fantastic picture. I just got done with pheasant eggs and now I have chicken eggs in mine and everthing is still working great. It was well worth the money and best of all the grandkids and me have a great time watching them. The temp and humity are real easy to control and monitored, fantastic incubator now my friends want one also.

Sixteen eggs have made it to Lockdown in the incubator. Eight home grown and eight Jersey Giants. Three of the home grown eggs have externally pipped and are expected to hatch tonight or tomorrow. The Jersey Giants are likely to be a day or two behind, just because bigger eggs take longer.

wee.gif
LET THE SHOW BEGIN!
wee.gif

Set 27 eggs in IncuView April 24. Candled at 8 days had one blood ring and 5 duds infertile. Had 4 question marks.

Incubator has been doing pretty well here, considering I have heated the cabin a couple times, but mostly not. Meaning we are usually in the mid 60's F and up to mid 70's with woodstove on.
Living off grid with a solar system and only a couple panels, have had to run the generator a bit with the rainy days.
Has been holding humidity really well, removed the plug. Also made a "blanket tent" for it with reflective foil. It has helped to maintain the temp when the cabin is cold.
Have added very little water, but we have had some high humidity/rainy days. Temp recovers in good time when cover is removed.

Did anyone else have trouble with "sticky buttons" on the programmer? It seemed like they weren't working and then after pushing a lot of times they finally woke up. Not sure if I should talk to the company about it or not?

Pretty eggcited to see how things turn out. This incubator has corrected many features that I didn't like in the Hovabator (borrowed). I am sooo glad there is no metal wire bottom! Glad the eggs slide (I think it seems a more natural motion) instead of rock upright. Can decide whether to keep turner in the bator or remove. AND... LOVE THE VIEW!!!
love.gif

wee.gif

I'm not using any other thermometer or hygrometer, so I'm relying completely on the IncuView's equipment. So far so good, everything's held steady with nearly no variation.
I am relying completely on the incubators equipment also. No extra thermometer or hygrometer. Wanted to see what it can do on it's own.

I left my turner in during lock down and hatching per the instrutions but when I watch my pheasant hatch it seemed that they fell over the turner while trying to move around. This time with my chicken eggs am going to take it out and see which way I like it. To me with the tray out it will give them more room until they get moved into the into the heated brooder.

Back
Top Bottom