Incuview Incubator

Pics
I bought 2 of these incubators for hatching only, they do pretty well, easy to see the hatching progress, holds temps well and for humidity I fill the bottom totally and add a wet sponge does great! The down size is it's small and could be taller inside but other than that I really like them.
smile.png
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. How high do you get your humidity at hatch? I'm going to eventually be doing turkey eggs, which I'm told needs a minimum hatching humidity of 65%, but a bit higher is better.

Which incubator do you use for incubation?

I get mine up to 70-75% humidity so I usually have a sponge that I can get wet through the hole on top with a straw and syringe. :)

Did anyone else have trouble with "sticky buttons" on the programmer? It seemed like they weren't working and then after pushing a lot of times they finally woke up. Not sure if I should talk to the company about it or not?
Sorry about the buttons! We want you to be 100% satisfied with the product, which is why we offer a 1-year hassle-free guarantee. If you'd like feel free to give our customer service a call (208-740-1344) and we'd be glad to work out a solution with you. You can also send me a PM if that's easier. Again sorry about the issue.

Got our incuview yesterday. Stole eggs from 2 of our white muscovy meat ducks. Candles all of the eggs. They all are about 10 days along. The incuview holds 20-25 muscoviy eggs. Incubator got to temp just fine. I put a digital reptile thermometer in to double check. I can't see how the incubator can be used with a 12V source. Other than that so far so good.

Tomorrow I go into lockdown. I will be candling my eggs tonight!!!

WaddleWaddle how did you hatch turn out?
Of the eggs that made it to lockdown, we only lost two.

I had issues with humidity early on, and I don't think I was able to overcome that. Western Washington was pretty rainy those early days. Even our broody had two hatch with open navels, so I don't think I can say this was a problem exclusive to the incubator.

The chicks in the incubator all hatched sticky, and there was one fairly obvious open navel and two with curled toes. But the IncuView actually was an asset when it came to helping Little Curly Toes and her open navel hatch mate. Especially the hatch mate, really.

#1 I watched her hatch and was able to see the open navel right away.
#2 I had VetWarp and antibiotic on hand and used it to fashion a set of overalls for her, which held an antibiotic soaked pad on to her navel. When she tried to stand up it put counter pressure on the open navel.
#3 I left her in the incubator for six hours and was able to easily monitor that the wrap wasn't slipping off and it wasn't too tight.

After six hours I checked her navel and it was nicely scabbed over, so I removed the wrap and put her in the brooder box with the others. She's as healthy as can be now (six days later!) and I can only tell she was the "sick" one by the antibiotic stain on her butt.

I got my incuview yesterday and I got it started up I put six test eggs in the temp stabilized very quickly I do have one question my humidity is running right in the incubation range with no water at all I put about a cup of water in it and it went way up to the hatching period range so I took the water out and it stabilized right back in the normal range with no water at all. Is it ok to run this thing with no water is my humidity gauge broke? I live in Virginia it's not real humid here not sure why my humidity is so high?

Back
Top Bottom