Wyandotte's BBS laced red 2 out of 3
Cream legbars 0 out of 6
Lav marans 3 out of 5
Lav Orpingtons 1 out of 3
Blue splash silkie 0 out of 2
Silver partridge silkie 0 out of 2
Cochins bantam white 0 out of 1
Silver penciled project 0 out of 2

Wait. You have 39 eggs in there? How did you get them all to fit?
How long has your hatch been going on?

I had the extras under 2 broodies. Hatch day was Thursday soi think that is my final total at this point. They were shipped eggs so that would account for some of them not hatching

I added 1/4 cup of water and 1 hour later this is where I'm at I think I'm gonna have to run it with no water

I added 1/4 cup of water and 1 hour later this is where I'm at I think I'm gonna have to run it with no water

Mine looked that way too, so I ran it without much at all. I'm going to have a hygrometer this time to check it and the temp. Not sure if the dial was accurate.

My hatch is done, all the eggs came from my girls. None were shipped eggs. They were tilted twice a day in the house before I set them, and none were more than 5 days old. I cracked a few open before hand to make sure there was a bullseye and that they appeared to be fertile.

I set 29, first candle was at 8 days, 5 were duds and one had a blood ring so I pulled them.
I candled again at lockdown, 6 more had to come out. They weren't developing right.
Locked down with 15. Temp and humidity seemed to be doing fine, I relied only on the machine only.
Hatch day was on Thursday, first pips were Tues night before hatch day. Wed morning they started pipping all over the place. Unfortunately a lot at the wrong end.
So.... they came early by at least a full day. Some hatched fine but the ones that were pipping at the wrong end weren't getting anywhere. I finally helped out 5, which I hate to do.

Final count was 12 hatched. One pipped at the small end with a blood spot and died in the shell. The other two never pipped.

I will be double checking with a thermometer and hygrometer this time. I will also be turning them by hand. Not sure how I'm feeling about the slider. Is there a way to change how far the slider slides? I don't recall seeing a way to change that in the directions. The eggs were "sticky" and two of the ones I helped were kinda shrink wrapped. I'm not sure what to think at this point. I will try again and see if the results are any better.

Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom