Incuview Incubator

Pics
The geese eggs we saved from getting kicked from the nest hatched after 2 weeks in the Incue. Muscovy eggs started piping today as well.

Hi,
Just finished a second hatch, let a friend who is more experienced at hatching have a go with the IncuView. She was excited to try it.
The buttons are still sticky... it ran a bit hot and she had to turn it down a few times. One pipped at the wrong end, two got a toe whacked by the fan... I hope that there is an improvement with the fan. Either a better guard or an option to turn it off for hatch time.
The chick that got caught in the fan died and the other one is doing ok but got pretty scratched up. Not sure if it was related to the injury or not. That chick had pipped at the wrong end.
Anyone else have this happen?
There are many great things about this bator, but still some tweaking to go with the design I think
Chris

PS I modified my post, after getting more info from my friend. Didn't mean to panick anyone. Just watch out for active chicks if there are eggs unhatched under the fan...

Last edited:
I love my I incuview bator never had any problems with it . I don't let my chicks stay in it very long only until they dry then out into the warm broader box. I have done chickens and phasants so far with great success, I even had one that peep out the wrong end all made it
I have a friend now that wants one. :)

How well insulated is the bottom? Is it just hard plastic or is there some insulation in there. Much as a dislike cleaning the styro-bators, they do a pretty decent job of conserving heat, they just have an underpowered heating wire. I'm wondering if the incuview has a much bigger heater and little insulation.

Also, how do you adjust the amount to turn for different sized eggs? I assume you couldn't really mix different sizes and expect the turning to work well for all of them, right?

Does the clear top scratch easily?

Anyone know if replacement parts are available?

So many questions . . .

Hi,
Just finished a second hatch, let a friend who is more experienced at hatching have a go with the IncuView. She was excited to try it.
The buttons are still sticky... it ran a bit hot and she had to turn it down a few times. One pipped at the wrong end, two got their legs whacked by the fan... I hope that there is an improvement with the fan. Either a better guard or an option to turn it off for hatch time.
The chick that got caught in the fan died and the other one is doing ok but got pretty scratched up.
There are any great things about this bator, but still some tweaking to go with the design I think
Chris
sorry to hear of your difficulties. is the turner still in and moving during your hatch?

we have eggs of all different breeds and ages so we candle twice a week and move peeps and soon to peeps into an old polystyrene incubator we use for a hatching and drying box. after they get a little fluffy out to the brooder in the shop.

sorry to hear of your difficulties. is the turner still in and moving during your hatch?

we have eggs of all different breeds and ages so we candle twice a week and move peeps and soon to peeps into an old polystyrene incubator we use for a hatching and drying box. after they get a little fluffy out to the brooder in the shop.

Yes the slider functions fine, I hatched different size eggs in it. I don't have conventional electricity, nor do I have a spare styro for a hatcher.
My post should have said there are many good things about the incubator. Myabe there will be some improvements in the future. Easy to clean, love the plastic grate instead of wire and it ran pretty steady dealing with fluctuating temperatures from the woodstove.

Thanks for your input homeshow!

I love my I incuview bator never had any problems with it . I don't let my chicks stay in it very long only until they dry then out into the warm broader box. I have done chickens and phasants so far with great success, I even had one that peep out the wrong end all made it
I have a friend now that wants one.
smile.png

Yes, my friend was eager to try it. I don't keep mine in there very long either, but she was afraid to open it. It recovers quickly and I didn't worry about lifting the lid to bring the chicks out.
I had 8 pip at the wrong end, which totally mysitified me, had to help 5 out, which I hate to do. 3 made it out on their own. The rest did ok.

Hi,
The buttons are still sticky... it ran a bit hot and she had to turn it down a few times. One pipped at the wrong end, two got their legs whacked by the fan... I hope that there is an improvement with the fan. Either a better guard or an option to turn it off for hatch time.
The chick that got caught in the fan died and the other one is doing ok but got pretty scratched up.
There are any great things about this bator, but still some tweaking to go with the design I think
Chris

WHAT???!!! I'm totally dumbstruck by this post. Are you saying that the fan doesn't have a complete and secure guard on it??? How is this possible? Is yours missing a part? Even an $8 clip on fan that I bought at the drug store has an effective guard on it! Having chicks get chopped up by a fan is definitely NOT acceptable!! Neither is sticky buttons or running a bit hot, but those are things that people learn to live with.

I have an R-com Max 20, which I absolutely love. I was thinking about getting an Incuview as a hatcher, but not if it's going to kill my chicks before I can "rescue" them. What's going on here??!!?

Back
Top Bottom