Incuview Incubator

Pics
Ok day 18 is here and I am a nervous wreck. I decided to go with manual turning as I was able to put 37 eggs into the incuview without the turner. Of those 37 I have currently 31 that all appear to have developed. My temp has stayed very much around 99 - 101 at its hottest during a heat wave here last week. It contiuously worked at getting the temp down I was amazed at how that little engine made by Incubator Warehouse kept going the last 3 weeks.

So now I am about to do my FINAL aircel outline and lock er down. I have def struggled with the Marans eggs with no surprise. I cant see jack apart from the faintest indication of an aircel. I do have concerns with a number of eggs that o appear to have not big enough aircels. I hope its just me being paranoid and they are where they are suppose to be. However... my humidity says for the last 3-4 days it is approx 60%-70% average 65%. The little indicator on the Incuview puts the needle just at the top of the first zone of humidity what is considered safe. My question now is do I need to add the water to bump the humidity or should I ride it out another day and hope the aircels develop further. I am in no trouble with humidity according to all 3 of my hydrometers.

If someone could weigh in on this with any suggestions as to should I bump humidity or wait Id be appreciated.

Ok now I am going to go lock them down and go have a heart attack. Also I have video documented the last three weeks and we will give a final review on youtube. As it looks now we are so grateful that we went with the Incuview what a beautiful little machine especially for the price. Very nice quality.

Wish me luck.

TBC
I don't know if this is the "right" thing to do, as I've just started hatching this year, but here's what I did. I had two different sets of eggs in the same incubator. Set number 2 was on days 11-14 of incubation while set number one was at 65-70 percent humidity for lockdown. After the first hatch, I candled set number 2. It looked like the aircells were about one week behind schedule. I decreased the humidity as much as possible. By day 18 the eggs had only lost 8% of their weight, instead of the recommended 11-13%. I left the humidity as low as possible until day 20-21, then raised it to 65%. I kept the eggs upright for hatching so that the air sac wouldn't flood during the internal pip. I though that they were all dead, but all 3 hatched and are almost 3 weeks old.

Hope this helps.

I am at day 21 and 13 of 30 so far have hatched. The RH according to my digital meter is sitting around 60% and the built in meter is just past halfway of the "Last 3 day" zone It seems to be working. I have moved out the first 8 as the just wouldnt dry and the were knocking the shti out of all the other eggs lol Plus I was paranoid one of them would get caught in the fan like someone earlier had wrote.

It appears that they all have pretty much pipped. 17 to go. The person I bought the eggs from didnt mark the three different breeds so I have to figureout who is what when they dry.

I documented it with video I will post soon.

Here is the final stats for our first go with the Incuview:

We removed the egg turner and set 37 eggs and turned by hand. It was more than accommodating with still room left over. I give this square unit approx 12"x12" with a cover which essentially is a plexi-glass like lid. Full view window.

37 set - candled day 10 and 7 not fertile or didn't take off - removed. 24 shipped and 13 of my own eggs.

Lock-down day 18 and approx 10 pipd before the end of day 18

8 are hatched by late day 19

11 hatch day 20

5 hatch day 21 - culled one for intestines hanging out, chick not looking so good. Fed to Tempest my Boa Constrictor. Not a fun job.
6 remaining in incubator

Day 23 Two birds sick in brooder for no apparent reason extreme weakness and gasping. Many convulsion like seizures. One chick dies overnight and the other Chick is culled, both fed to my boa constrictor 'Tempest' I am ready to abort and decide to open egg and find chick alive. Chick later dies. Tempest refuses to eat this one. What a nightmare.

Day 25 I do eggtopsy on remaining 5 eggs. All terminated full term. I discover on all 5 eggs the yolks have been ruptured. My prognosis def the eggs being bashed around by hatching crazy chicks. I will never allow that to happen again I will def use the egg carton method and or haul them out and into brooder as I did with all of these but not before 2-4 hours of them knocking eggs around like ping pong game.

I do have a video but this took alot out of me it might be awhile. Good news... all 30 eggs did develop full term 24 hatched and the other 6 should have. This is human error not the incubators error. Not to mention I turned these all by hand. This was my first time hatching chicks.

The Incuview def deserves alot of credit. I am giving it a 9 out of 10 only because I wasnt comfortable with the turner seemed liek it wasnt really turning them probably just me being paranoid being a rookie and all. I plan on using it next week with Silkie and Isbar eggs that are being shipped.

I am booting up up the Incuview again about to put in 12 Silkies & 7 Blue Isbars. I am using the egg turner this time. I feel nervous about it only because the Silkie eggs are tiny and what if they dont catch on the gentle roll. Also the eggs are on their sides wont that affect the air cel being at the top of the wide end of the egg?

It was brought to my attention that there was another similar accident where a newly hatched chick was injured by the fan. I want to publicly apologize to those and any others that have experienced this. After I heard about the second accident it was obvious that we needed to improve the fan guard to prevent this from happening again. We immediately started redesigning a new fan guard that is safer and still provides adequate air flow. (You can see the finished product below.)This new fan guard is now standard in all our IncuViews and if anyone who currently has the old fan guard would like to install the new fan guard please PM me with your mailing address and I will personally send you a conversion kit to swap them out. Thank you to those that brought this to our attention. We are glad we were able to get this feedback to prevent any other possible accidents. Again on behalf of Incubator Warehouse I apologize and always feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

I set my very first batch of eggs today. They were bantam eggs so I was able to fit 34 eggs into the turner. I figure I will have to remove some after candling and before lockdown so there should be more room at hatch time. I had a probe thermometer/hydrometer but it was driving me crazy by being off from the incuview's built in thermometer. The temp on the probe thermometer showed a degree higher and the humidity was showing 16% on the probe while the incuview showed within the incubating range. I removed the probe and decided to trust the incuview. I will try to keep the humidity dial at least in the middle of the incubating range.

I set 17 shipped bantam eggs. These were shipped express priority from a member of BYC. They were double boxed and bubble wrapped. I did not set 4 that had rolling air cells.

10 Mille Fleur Cochin Frizzled
7 Sizzles

I set 17 local bantam eggs that I picked up from a lady I met on a local poultry Facebook group. The oldest eggs were 6 days old.

4 Calico Cochin (2 of these were 9 days old)
11 Smooth Feathered Mille Fleur Cochins
2 either Mille Fleur Cochins or possible Polish mixes

I sure hope some of them hatch. I'm super nervous.

And thank you Incubator Warehouse for the way you are handling the fan situation. I am glad to hear that you listen to your customers. I have been very impressed with your customer service and business ethics. I am pleased with my decision to purchase an incuview and your response reinforces that.

I ordered my Incuview last Friday and it came in on Monday afternoon. I just set my first batch of 15 eggs from my free range flock. So far I am liking this incubator, can't wait till hatching day! I will post picture of chicks when they hatch and maybe some other pictures before. All the chicks will be barnyard mixes but some will probably turn out to be Black Copper Marrans.

Last edited:
Day 7 of incubation.

I candled my eggs this evening. Out of the original 34 eggs I set, 26 are developing. I removed 8 eggs that were clear. I was most surprised that my shipped eggs are doing better than my local eggs. I imagine that the lady I got my local eggs from has some fertility issues.

So my current status is:

I set 17 shipped bantam eggs. These were shipped express priority from a member of BYC. They were double boxed and bubble wrapped. I did not set 4 that had rolling air cells.

Mille Fleur Cochin Frizzled 9 out of 10 still going (1 was infertile)
Sizzles 7 out of 7 still going

I set 17 local bantam eggs that I picked up from a lady I met on a local poultry Facebook group. The oldest eggs were 6 days old.

Calico Cochin 1 out of 4 still going (3 infertile)
Smooth Feathered Mille Fleur Cochins 7 out of 11 still going (4 infertile)
Mille Fleur Cochins or possible Polish mixes 2 out of 2 still going

Observations from a complete newbie.

It is hard to keep the humidity stable. I will check it and it will be way low and then I will add a little water and it will jump too high but be back too low by the end of the day.

For some reason I expected the eggs to make a complete rotation in the turner. They actually just rock side to side. I was panicked at first that the turner wasn't working, but it works just fine.

I do have a question about the candling. I can see the air cells at the fat end of the egg. When I look at candling pictures and videos online it seems the rest of the egg is dark all the way around the egg. But my eggs are dark on one side of the egg and light on the other. I can see lots of veining and I can see the embryo moving in many of the eggs. Is this normal or are my eggs really not turning correctly?

And I got my new fan guard from Incubator Warehouse. I am debating on changing it out now or waiting until after the hatch. I don't know how long it will take to change out and I don't want to leave the top off my eggs that long. I might have my husband look at it and see what he thinks. He can change it while I am candling in another week.

Back
Top Bottom