Incuview Incubator

Pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriemarler

Wow that is a nice looking Incubator. Where did you buy it from?

Yep. It's the incubator we're all raving about here on this thread!
It's obviously not for mass market hatching, but for the backyard chicken crowd, I think it's the best incubator for the buck. Hands down!
big_smile.png

How does this unit rotate the eggs? I don't see a turner on the inside and it looks like it sits flat on the table
There is a removable turner that slides the eggs back and forth in a fashion very similar to how a broody would do it. Some people choose to take it out and just hand turn their eggs. For normal sized eggs I've found the turner works very well.

Yep, seen that, wondered how slippery or sticky that grid is.
Heard seomone complain here recently that it just pushed the egg over rather than rolling it..so wondered.

It's the same type of plastic as the styro bators, not sticky. Mine seems to work okay though it's important to note it doesn't turn a full 180 degrees each time, it's more like a quarter turn each hour.

Yep, seen that, wondered how slippery or sticky that grid is.
Heard seomone complain here recently that it just pushed the egg over rather than rolling it..so wondered.

If you mark the eggs, it's easy to tell that they're rolling.
That said, I've only incubated normal sized eggs. For duck, goose, or quail eggs, hand turning might be best. That is, until Incuview makes a XS and XL sized insert for us! :D

Quote: Hmm... I wonder if it's because there's not enough 'grip' on the base mesh....or the stroke(distance of travel) of the device is not long enough for the egg to turn 180 degrees? Sorry, engineering trouble shooting brain kicking in.

Wonders then, if the 180 degree turn hatchers seem to employ 3 or 5 times a day is necessary....or just any frequent movement is enough to 'cook' an egg properly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom