Incuview Incubator

Pics
Ok- latest hatch- set 27. Two were clears. Hatched 19. One died after zipping- I think the other chicks were too rough with him. Have four that look dead in shell. I am going to water candle and then do an egg-topsy if nothing shows living. I really, really love the huge window, but I have to say this isn't my favorite incubator. 19/25 is only 76%, not so great in my book for fresh eggs. I have had multiple chicks pip at the wrong end and part of all my hatches come a day early (the ones on the edges) which tells me the incubator is running HOT in those spots (confirmed by others in this thread). I had better rates with my old still air Little Giant. IDK. It's just not all that I expected. I'm happy to have the healthy 19 I got, but I would really have liked a few others to hatch as well. I built my own styrofoam chest bator with forced air, and I'm going to do a simulataneous hatch to see which performs best.

So would you recommend Brisnea Advance or incuview for a beginner?
I started with a Brinsea Mini Advanced and love it! So much I got another one! (used but still) Great beginner bator, tho' only holds 7-10 eggs. Have been looking at the IncuView, but also have an IncuKit waiting to go in a cooler going the DIY coolerbator next. Definitely like some of the features of the IncuView.

Have completed four hatches now. I have staggered hatches; they incubate in the incuview for the first several days then move to brinsea eco20 with turner (rock solid, love that baby) for a wk, then lockdown in incuview. Have had excellent hatches at or above 90%.

Moved eggs from ends of columns to middles daily or twice daily. Temps read 1.5 degrees higher in corners.

I

Entered lockdown yesterday on my very first hatch and the thing I should have done after the humidity gauge replacement on day 4, was to have tested if the gauge could read out correctly in the "hatching" zone. Oh well. The gauge will register no higher than the second indicator line in the "incubation" zone. That's with all channels full of water and 100% humidity outside (it's been raining/spritzing all day long).

Very nervous, and somewhat disappointed that a machine that's close to $200 doesn't come with a functioning humidity gauge. At the very least, the instructions should specify testing the machine at both ranges prior to putting eggs into it. It would be redundant to experienced people, but so helpful to those of us who have no experience to draw upon.

I don't mind learning from my mistakes, but I mind very much killing my chicks before they get a chance to be fully alive because my machine isn't correct.

Since I'm in lockdown, I'll have to ride it out and hope the poor chicks don't drown or something horrid like that.

The customer service has been great, but I think the humidity gauge probably could be improved. That seems to be a weakness in this unit along with uneven heat.

Entered lockdown yesterday on my very first hatch and the thing I should have done after the humidity gauge replacement on day 4, was to have tested if the gauge could read out correctly in the "hatching" zone. Oh well. The gauge will register no higher than the second indicator line in the "incubation" zone. That's with all channels full of water and 100% humidity outside (it's been raining/spritzing all day long).

Very nervous, and somewhat disappointed that a machine that's close to $200 doesn't come with a functioning humidity gauge. At the very least, the instructions should specify testing the machine at both ranges prior to putting eggs into it. It would be redundant to experienced people, but so helpful to those of us who have no experience to draw upon.

I don't mind learning from my mistakes, but I mind very much killing my chicks before they get a chance to be fully alive because my machine isn't correct.

Since I'm in lockdown, I'll have to ride it out and hope the poor chicks don't drown or something horrid like that.

The customer service has been great, but I think the humidity gauge probably could be improved. That seems to be a weakness in this unit along with uneven heat.
Did you by any chance mark your air sacs when you were candling? That helped me during the incubation process to show the humidity was correct.

Also, even though the humidity is 100% outside, that does not mean in the incubator inside is retaining the same. I just hatched last week and I could not get my humidity past the mid mark either. When your chicks start to hatch the humidity will go up some. Also, do you have the black plug in on or out on the top?

Just completed my 3rd hatch in this incubator. I ran a dry hatch with humidity during the first 18 days running below 30%. Some days my digital hydrometer read 16% which is as low as it goes. It stayed within the incubation range on the built in hydrometer although on the low end. I brought the humidity up to 65-70% for the hatch. The two times before I had the humidity too high and the chicks wouldn't fluff up. This time they did.

I set 12 bantam eggs. I removed 2 at day 9. One clear and one early quitter (looked like maybe around day 6). 10 made it to lockdown and 10 hatched!! I still love the view and am filling it up in a few days for a classroom hatch.

Back
Top Bottom