Incuview Incubator

Pics
So, if you were me, how much would you increase the humidity, and how fast... say tonight and then in the coming few days, generally... 10% tonight, say, into the 40's? And then up around 50% to slow down the weight losses? That's what I'm thinking.
I Like your thinking, but I would not worry about being so accurate. Increase it a little---if its 15 to 20% higher I would not try to suck some of the water out!!!

Last edited:
Thanks, again.

I don't feel like I'm concerned (like, obsessing concerned) about accuracy. I just need to know what I'm aiming at, KWIM? For me it's, like, the first time you try a new recipe you follow as closely as you can to get a good result. Then, after four or five times making a recipe, you might glance at the recipe to refresh your memory, or not. Then, after about 10 times, you don't even look. I'm on my first try at this!
tongue.png
I want to follow the recipe pretty closely, and gain confidence enough to feel like I can tweak, yet have dependable results, in the future.

I've watched my broody hen hatch chicks last spring. Amazing to think that God enables all this precision with just a hen's instincts and body warmth! Thanks again for your help.

Thanks, again.

I don't feel like I'm concerned (like, obsessing concerned) about accuracy. I just need to know what I'm aiming at, KWIM? For me it's, like, the first time you try a new recipe you follow as closely as you can to get a good result. Then, after four or five times making a recipe, you might glance at the recipe to refresh your memory, or not. Then, after about 10 times, you don't even look. I'm on my first try at this!
tongue.png
I want to follow the recipe pretty closely, and gain confidence enough to feel like I can tweak, yet have dependable results, in the future.

I've watched my broody hen hatch chicks last spring. Amazing to think that God enables all this precision with just a hen's instincts and body warmth! Thanks again for your help.
But that's one thing you need to keep in mind, what works in terms of humidity for one person, might not work out well for you. All you can do is try to keep it between 25 and 40 as best as you can, and candle the eggs to track how the air cells are. Then you adjust accordingly.
There is no 'recipe' for humidity. You have to figure that part out yourself. To continue with the cooking analogy, it's like you are given a recipe and ingredients for a cake, but you don't have an exact baking temperature, just a general 325* to 375* guideline.

As stated above after 24 hours that is day 1. So today you are day 6. I usually aim for around 45-55% but it does fluctuate and go down as low as 10% but then i just top up water again, i dont worry too much that it fluctuates. I find the most critical for humidity is the hatch. From the sounds of how fast yours goes down, id be prepared to add some wet sponges near lockdown to try and keep it up. Id probably place them near the vent hole so you can squirt more water in if need be. I aim for 60-65% at lockdown.
I definately would not be too worried yet, just add water and bring it up.

First hatch, like first year of chickens, is tough.....like doing anything new, so much to learn...like getting a drink out of a fire hose.
Collecting data will help during the next one.

I usually hatch in late winter when the heat is still on and the house is dry as an old bone.
Had wild fluctuations, but just tried to keep it around 40%.

Agrees with the sponges and being able to wet them easily.
I rigged this nifty siphon bottle with a piece of tiny irrigation tubing, fit thru the vent holes and was able to soak sponges without opening lid.

Well, I've upped the humidity to 45-50%, hanging as close to 48-49% as I can in order to make up for lower percentages earlier. For those still deciding about the Incuview, I will say that it's MUCH easier to keep the humidity in the 40's steadily than it was to shoot for 20-30%, at least in my environment. I'm still not using much of the provided water trays, so I'm confident that I'll be able to maintain mid-60%'s during lockdown. I have my aquarium tubing all set, so I can use that if needed to add more.

We're on Day 9, and staying the course! :D

Well, I've upped the humidity to 45-50%, hanging as close to 48-49% as I can in order to make up for lower percentages earlier. For those still deciding about the Incuview, I will say that it's MUCH easier to keep the humidity in the 40's steadily than it was to shoot for 20-30%, at least in my environment. I'm still not using much of the provided water trays, so I'm confident that I'll be able to maintain mid-60%'s during lockdown. I have my aquarium tubing all set, so I can use that if needed to add more.

We're on Day 9, and staying the course! :D
Just monitor----and I hope the higher % does not cause a problem in the end!!!!

Back
Top Bottom