Incuview Incubator

Pics
Ordered the Incuview along w/ the separate humidity pump. Set the humidity level for 43%, and it's in the upper 50s .. can't seem to get it to go down! Anyone else having this problem and how did you fix it??

Ordered the Incuview along w/ the separate humidity pump. Set the humidity level for 43%, and it's in the upper 50s .. can't seem to get it to go down! Anyone else having this problem and how did you fix it??
If you let the pmp stay on so you can read the meter and pull the pump tube out the incubator---it wont go down then---allowing a couple hours?? Will it not go down if you set the humidity at a lower setting??

It's set at 43, and was running about 53. I finally opened the lid and now it's running at 47%. Maybe it will drop a little more. Seems odd -- it's very dry here, and I usually have the opposite problem ... trying to keep humidity up!

It's set at 43, and was running about 53. I finally opened the lid and now it's running at 47%. Maybe it will drop a little more. Seems odd -- it's very dry here, and I usually have the opposite problem ... trying to keep humidity up!
If you want it at 43----can you lower the setting to say 33---then it might stabilize around 43-----thats my question?

Are you relying on the hygrometer on the lid for accuracy? I found that mine is about 10% off.

Reporting in on my first hatch with the Incuview. Last night I did my 14 day candling. Since I'm a newbie, and don't really know what to look for, I can't really say... But I think all but two of my eggs are viable. The other 2 I'm really not sure about, still I'm leaving them in the incubator for now.

We again weighed our eggs and found that their rate of weight loss had slowed. Whereas before we were on track to lose 21 to 25% weight, now we're on track to only lose 18%. So it seems like raising the humidity really helped.

As you may remember, this is my maiden voyage with both hatching and with the Incuview, and one of my goals was to play with the settings and understand how my unique environment works with the Incuview. In my environment, it's better to keep the humidity in the 45% range rather than the 35% or even the 20 to 30% range. I'm glad I did it this way, because my expensive, precious eggs are going to be in the next hatch and I'll be a better equipped to do a good job with them.

I'm glad I did it this way, because my expensive, precious eggs are going to be in the next hatch and I'll be a better equipped to do a good job with them.
I had a Lady that brought me 2 dozen of those "black Chicken" eggs to hatch for her----$480 with shipping---All were Clear on day 12. She was Sick. Pays to order from a GOOD place. Good Luck

My Incuview arrived yesterday, and I was very excited to fire it up and see if I can keep it stable. But I can't get the humidity to go any higher than the "incubate" range. This morning I noticed that the lid isn't fitting on properly, and one of the walls of the base appears a little bowed out.

Do you all have any troubles getting the lid to go on right? I noticed right away yesterday that it is very finicky about getting all corners to snap together. Today I can only get two corners at a time.
sad.png
I think I'm gong to have to call the company later when they are open.

For something so expensive, it seems like they don't waste any plastic where the base and lid come together. I read up on this thread a lot, and other incuview posts before settling on this model, and I hadn't come across anyone saying that it's tricky to make the lid seat properly or that it was cheaply made.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom