Incuview Incubator

Pics
I wanted to share this .pdf of the IncuView instruction manual that I got from the company. For some reason these aren't available on the Incubator Warehouse website or Facebook page.

Eeek! 4 out of 9 piped already. I wasn't expecting anything this soon. I guess it's the waiting game now!

It's time using the incuview - 13 out of 14 eggs made it to lockdown_ the one egg was a Yolker and never developed - I have 3 pips on day 20 and all are on the wrong end of the egg ? What would cause this? They all seem to be getting air so I'm not to concerned yet- I candled right before lockdown and the air sacks are where they are supposed to be on the fat end.
[/IMG]

Also I have been fighting to keep the humidity high enough - I am not confident in this hydrometer accuracy so I ordered a digital one , but it's hasn't arrived yet

It's time using the incuview - 13 out of 14 eggs made it to lockdown_ the one egg was a Yolker and never developed - I have 3 pips on day 20 and all are on the wrong end of the egg ? What would cause this? They all seem to be getting air so I'm not to concerned yet- I candled right before lockdown and the air sacks are where they are supposed to be on the fat end.

Also I have been fighting to keep the humidity high enough - I am not confident in this hydrometer accuracy so I ordered a digital one , but it's hasn't arrived yet
Sounds like everything is going good, "I" never worry which end they pip on, as long as they hatch good. If you are worried about keeping the humidity up----wait till most all have hatched before opening it to remove any. I wait till day 22 to open it for the first time unless ALL hatch before then. Good Luck

[/URL]

The built in hygrometer on mine doesn't work at all, hardly. The needle never leaves "add water", until I get to lock down and raise the humidity up to 65 or 70%. (According to the calibrated hygrometers I have in there.) Then the needle goes to the "incubating" range. I have a digital one AND a cigar humidor one. I wonder if there is some way to remove the built in hygro and adjust it and put it back in. I think I'll ask Incubator Warehouse, because they are really nice about answering questions.

One tip I can tell you, but you probably know this already. Everybody except me probably just knows this without being told...
roll.png
Make sure the rubber plug is removed from the vent hole, lol. When I set mine up for the first time, for the life of me, I could not get the humidity up. Then I realized I had not taken the plug out. Once I did that, the humidity went right up. Beats me why it wouldn't just be super high humidity when it's all plugged up. Maybe improper air flow caused layers of humidity that were away from the hygrometers.
idunno.gif

well 7 out of 12 hatched. the rest never developed completely but hey they're strong and healthy!

Back
Top Bottom