Incuview Incubator

Pics
I just finished my first hatch in the incuview incubator and am ready to set a new set of eggs. When I plugged the incubator back in, it still says hatch day. How do I clear it out to start a new batch? Also, did anyone else notice that chicks hatch on day 1, and not on hatch day?

I just got my new incuview today it's been plugged in since 8am and I initially filled the entire outer reservoir. I'm getting a reading on 102 degrees and 50% humidity on the incutherm and 99 degrees on the incuview built in thermometer. Wondering if I should mess with the incuview to cool it down......

I also just fired up my new incuview last night. The temp was stuck at 98.5 for a while so I put it back in the shipping box and it went up to 99.5 and has stayed steady since. I'm setting my eggs tonite and will try the dry hatch method. So no water until day 18 or if air cell on candling (day 8) shows that water is needed. Hoping for good results on my first attempt
1f601.png

I also just fired up my new incuview last night. The temp was stuck at 98.5 for a while so I put it back in the shipping box and it went up to 99.5 and has stayed steady since. I'm setting my eggs tonite and will try the dry hatch method. So no water until day 18 or if air cell on candling (day 8) shows that water is needed. Hoping for good results on my first attempt
1f601.png
I would not attempt a completely dry incubation. Forced air dries things out quickly. Use a hygrometer inside the incubator, the one built in isn't very reliable.
Also may want to adjust the controls a bit to get it to hold temp more reliably.

I've read that some folks incubate at 15-20% humidity and only add water at lockdown? My temp is holding steady now so I won't mess with that. The humidity on my digital thermostat is around 15% and my indoor humidity is around 50%. I don't want to have to fool around too much with the unit, so maybe just fill the smallest reservoir?

I've read that some folks incubate at 15-20% humidity and only add water at lockdown? My temp is holding steady now so I won't mess with that. The humidity on my digital thermostat is around 15% and my indoor humidity is around 50%. I don't want to have to fool around too much with the unit, so maybe just fill the smallest reservoir?

If you truly have 50 percent humidity in your house I have a hard time believing it's 15 percent in the incubator.

My thoughts are even with forced air it shouldn't dry that much humidity out of the air. Also the eggs in the incubator are losing some moisture the entire time.

I would double check with a different hygrometer.

I dry incubate. I had 3 incubators running without any water last week. I also heat with wood. The readings on the incubators read from 15 to 34 percent. All were in same room.

So I don't get overly worried about humidity during incubation. Then try to shoot it to 70 plus for hatch.

It's better to be a little on the dry side than too wet during incubation.

If you truly have 50 percent humidity in your house I have a hard time believing it's 15 percent in the incubator.

My thoughts are even with forced air it shouldn't dry that much humidity out of the air. Also the eggs in the incubator are losing some moisture the entire time.

I would double check with a different hygrometer.

I dry incubate. I had 3 incubators running without any water last week. I also heat with wood. The readings on the incubators read from 15 to 34 percent. All were in same room.

So I don't get overly worried about humidity during incubation. Then try to shoot it to 70 plus for hatch.

It's better to be a little on the dry side than too wet during incubation.

Just as a test I added 20 ml of water and the humidity went from 13% to 25%. I'll have to see if that's the amount of water I'll have to add to raise the humidity 10-12 %. I'm going to wait 2 days to set my eggs so I can be at home when they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom