Incuview Incubator

So I have 5 pips and the first one is getting close to busting out, have people had issues removing them as they hatch with the incuview? I just want avoid harming the other chicks by lifting the lid to take them out.

So I have 5 pips and the first one is getting close to busting out, have people had issues removing them as they hatch with the incuview? I just want avoid harming the other chicks by lifting the lid to take them out.
WooHoo!!

It's best to leave the hatched chicks in there as long as possible, to let them rest and fully dry out.
Opening the bator while egg are pipped risks drying out the membranes making hatching more difficult.

Tho once the dried chicks start getting really rambunctious and might be interfering with the emerging chicks,
I often take out a few at a time, moving quickly and keeping them in groups of at least 2.

I have 8 of 11 pipped now, this is the furthest test along, he's got about 1/2 of the shell open but seems to be resting again now. I can't believe he's been at it since 4pm yesterday

1-out and another 90%, 6 others pipped. 3 left so far with no action. The one hatched one is bombing around and rolling some of the other eggs, he was pip to zip in no time the one at 90% started 24 hours ago

Woke up to 9 of 11 hatched. I pulled them out and put them in the brooder. When I candles the other too they both look internally pipped and I could see the beak moving around in the air cell. So far I'm thrilled with the incuview, for a first timer it's been super easy to use and seems to be doing a great job even if the other 2 don't hatch it would be over an 80% hatch rate, still have my fingers crossed for 100%

Last edited:
So 11 for 11 hatched but the last one to hatch made it out over night and died, I found it this morning hatched but lifeless, not sure what went wrong other than maybe he was in the egg too long seeing as he hatched a full day later than the rest. Still great easy results from the incuview.

Back
Top Bottom