Incuview Incubator

I'M SO EXCITED & I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!!
1f917.png

I've never done this before and after a lot of pondering over info on incubators and pros and cons of each model my Hubby allowed me to buy our first hatchery set up!!!
We bought a tub brooder with light (still looking into a different heat source for ducklings and quail chicks), we also bought an Incuview Deluxe Kit which included the IncuBright candler and also bought an additional IncuTherm like the reviews recommended. I've been SO EXCITED that I've called the wearhouse to see when it would leave after we ordered it and then checking its progress via mail tracking almost every 5mins!!!!
1f631.png
At least the first few days, now I'm down to once an hour or so.
1f602.png
Pathetic I know and yes I know it will not arrived sooner then it will regardless of how many times I scour for updates but I can't help it! LIFE IS BEING DELIVERED!!!
1f4aa-1f3fb.png
1f606.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Supposedly this incubator can hold Quail eggs up to Goose eggs and Every egg in between!
1f95a.png
1f440.png

This Candler is reported to see even into the darkest and thickest of egg shells!
1f441.png

I'm SO Excited for this new adventure!
1f44f-1f3fb.png
We shall have to wait and see how everything turns out!
1f60d.png
1f424.png

We will be starting it up as soon as it arrives and doing a trial run with our quail eggs before we do our First and Official Hatch-A-Long run with our duck eggs and the Backyard Chicken people in this World Wide Hatch-A-Long Event! If everything goes according to plan then we will have a bunch of cute and fluffy new life running around our house just in time for Easter!
1f3e1.png
1f986.png
1f423.png

Update: It arrived!!! We are having some difficulties though. Our house normally fluctuates between 70 and 50°F. We've set up the incubator in the spare room with a space heater that set to turn on when the room temperature is lower than 70° to try and keep it at 70°. However the temperature seems to Spike and my humidity which I don't believe I has been added water has been off the charts high! I move the space heater from underneath the incubator and that seemed to help a little but we're still within the 24 hour window to stabilize it before adding eggs. Am I missing something that I need to wash it before we plugged it in to use it? Or should I just turn off and take out our space heater? I don't want to constantly run my entire house at 70° if I can avoid it. I'll be honest I like the lower bills. Thoughts? Because this is my first time doing any of this and I don't really know what I'm doing other then hoping it magically stabilizes and the humidity sorts itself out so we can hopefully hatch some eggs!

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Homesteader,
Glaseria
1f495.png
1f43e.png

1f54a.png

I'M SO EXCITED & I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!!
1f917.png

I've never done this before and after a lot of pondering over info on incubators and pros and cons of each model my Hubby allowed me to buy our first hatchery set up!!!
We bought a tub brooder with light (still looking into a different heat source for ducklings and quail chicks), we also bought an Incuview Deluxe Kit which included the IncuBright candler and also bought an additional IncuTherm like the reviews recommended. I've been SO EXCITED that I've called the wearhouse to see when it would leave after we ordered it and then checking its progress via mail tracking almost every 5mins!!!!
1f631.png
At least the first few days, now I'm down to once an hour or so.
1f602.png
Pathetic I know and yes I know it will not arrived sooner then it will regardless of how many times I scour for updates but I can't help it! LIFE IS BEING DELIVERED!!!
1f4aa-1f3fb.png
1f606.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Supposedly this incubator can hold Quail eggs up to Goose eggs and Every egg in between!
1f95a.png
1f440.png

This Candler is reported to see even into the darkest and thickest of egg shells!
1f441.png

I'm SO Excited for this new adventure!
1f44f-1f3fb.png
We shall have to wait and see how everything turns out!
1f60d.png
1f424.png

We will be starting it up as soon as it arrives and doing a trial run with our quail eggs before we do our First and Official Hatch-A-Long run with our duck eggs and the Backyard Chicken people in this World Wide Hatch-A-Long Event! If everything goes according to plan then we will have a bunch of cute and fluffy new life running around our house just in time for Easter!
1f3e1.png
1f986.png
1f423.png

Update: It arrived!!! We are having some difficulties though. Our house normally fluctuates between 70 and 50°F. We've set up the incubator in the spare room with a space heater that set to turn on when the room temperature is lower than 70° to try and keep it at 70°. However the temperature seems to Spike and my humidity which I don't believe I has been added water has been off the charts high! I move the space heater from underneath the incubator and that seemed to help a little but we're still within the 24 hour window to stabilize it before adding eggs. Am I missing something that I need to wash it before we plugged it in to use it? Or should I just turn off and take out our space heater? I don't want to constantly run my entire house at 70° if I can avoid it. I'll be honest I like the lower bills. Thoughts? Because this is my first time doing any of this and I don't really know what I'm doing other then hoping it magically stabilizes and the humidity sorts itself out so we can hopefully hatch some eggs!

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Homesteader,
Glaseria
1f495.png
1f43e.png

1f54a.png

Sorry, because your excitement had turned to a Frown seems. I am not familiar with this clear top incubator----yes have seen them many times---just never used one. Usually the owners manual will tell you what the room temp needs to stay on for it to work properly. NO you do not need to heat your whole home to 70----maybe just the area of where the incubator is. That can be done with a simple make shift set-up like a big cardboard box, like a stove or fridge comes in----cut down to fit your needs. Incubator set on a low table inside the cardboard box--with a top layed on it---a few vent holed in the lower part of the cardboard box as well as in the top or sides at the top to allow a little air exchange. OR you could use a sheet of insulation board from Lowes OR a closet. Then the incubator might heat this area enough to stabilize or you might have to set a lamp(not where it is close to the cardboard, inside the box with a 25, 40 or 60 watt bulb to produce enough heat to keep it in range OR a small electric heater with a thermostat would be even better. Who knows you might have a incubator with a problem but if it works right when the temp is warm and steady but acts up when the room cools off----then its probably not the incubator. Good Luck

Last edited:
Sorry, because your excitement had turned to a Frown seems. I am not familiar with this clear top incubator----yes have seen them many times---just never used one. Usually the owners manual will tell you what the room temp needs to stay on for it to work properly. NO you do not need to heat your whole home to 70----maybe just the area of where the incubator is. That can be done with a simple make shift set-up like a big cardboard box, like a stove or fridge comes in----cut down to fit your needs. Incubator set on a low table inside the cardboard box--with a top layed on it---a few vent holed in the lower part of the cardboard box as well as in the top or sides at the top to allow a little air exchange. OR you could use a sheet of insulation board from Lowes OR a closet. Then the incubator might heat this area enough to stabilize or you might have to set a lamp(not where it is close to the cardboard, inside the box with a 25, 40 or 60 watt bulb to produce enough heat to keep it in range OR a small electric heater with a thermostat would be even better. Who knows you might have a incubator with a problem but if it works right when the temp is warm and steady but acts up when the room cools off----then its probably not the incubator. Good Luck 

Thank you so much for those ideas! I'll have to try those out when I get a replacement unit! It turns out my hubby did add water hence the high humidity but last night the cord kept having power go in and out while I was standing there checking on it and the display was going on and off. Now in the morning it's completely dead. I will contact to company and get a replacement. I've read some reviews where that had to happen. Maybe it got damaged in the snow storm in transit who knows. Either way now I don't have time to do quail as a trial run before I put in the ducks for the hatch-a-long Easter event. Oh well. We shall have to wait and see.

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Homesteader,
Glaseria
1f495.png
1f43e.png

1f54a.png

This might have been mentioned before but thought i would put this here anyway. The base of this incubator is plastic. What I did was place it on a sleeping bag and snug that in along the sides as it keeps it very well insulated. I know some people use towels. I highly recommend that some sort of insulation is placed along the base.
My eggs are due to hatch around the 10th. Then the incubator is getting break until after the 20th when I start at very least some Swedish Flower Hen eggs.

First things first, I'd worry about getting the room stabilized. The space heater might work more effectively if you use a smaller room, like a bathroom, or a closet. Incubators, regardless of brand or type work best in a stable environment. Yes, you should at least wipe everything down with a disinfectant. Even the slightest trace of bacteria can compromise a hatch. As for humidity, calibrate any device you are using prior to incubation. You can't trust it straight out of the packaging. You must calibrate to verify accuracy.

Last edited:
There is a room temperature setting that you need to change. When I changed it to reflect the lower room temp, the incubator ran a little warmer to compensate. I also kept it in its cardboard shipping box to keep the heat in.

Thanks for your input! I agree with you! Unfortunately the whole unit is dead. I called the company and they are having issues with their power PAC supplier. In this case they asked me to try and plug in the lid to another power supply if I had one and when I tried it was completely melted from the inside of the cord into the lid unit on top! Not good considering this unit arrived yesterday at 11am! But thankfully the company is aware of the issue and says that the unit I received is very bad and that they want to study it.

They are shipping out a whole new unit and the employee I spoke to will personally run my new unit until the end of his shift later tonight to try and make sure that my new incubator works hopefully flawlessly! Here's hoping!
1f91e-1f3fb.png

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Homesteader,
Glaseria
1f495.png
1f43e.png

1f54a.png

It seems like there have been a lot of problems with this particular incubator when I read through the thread. I keep watch as I haven't purchased anything yet. Every time I almost convince myself to get one it seems there is another problem.

Back
Top Bottom