Incuview Incubator

I received my incuview, did the dry run, and set eggs today. But I noticed on my hygrometer that it's 46% humidity and 101.3 temp. Is that okay or will I be cooking my eggs? The incuview says it's at 99.5.

Last edited:
I received my incuview, did the dry run, and set eggs today. But I noticed on my hygrometer that it's 46% humidity and 101.3 temp. Is that okay or will I be cooking my eggs? The incuview says it's at 99.5.

Adjust the set temp down by a degree. If they hatch a day early, than you know your temp is still a bit high. Lower it another half a degree for your next batch of eggs. If they hatch a day late, than the incuview temp was correct, and you can adjust it back for your next hatch. Better to lower the temp just a bit rather than have it run too hot.

If you are testing/comparing put the two right next to the other. Looks like your sensor is on the white egg(I do not want my sensor touching a egg---that's me)----slide the egg down and put your other meter there and compare. I do like JB said---I let my hatch tell me if the thermometer is right or not.

Last edited:
I have been trying to decided between the Genesis and this one too. I just tried finding the comparison post in this thread, but didn't find it. Which is better?

There is a video on youtube sorry no link I just ordered one too and am curious to see how it performs compared to my genesis 1588 which works pretty well but Is a little hard to clean. I will post a review in about 30 days.
I have been trying to decided between the Genesis and this one too. I just tried finding the comparison post in this thread, but didn't find it. Which is better?

I can't say which one is better because I've never hatched in either. But as someone who just bought the IncuView, I can say that it simply came down to a decision over features for me. I think they are both on paper and reputation excellent incubators for the price. So, beyond that it's personal preference... this one holds less eggs, but it's solid plastic and easier to clean than the Styrofoam. This model also come with everything ready to go, where as with the Hovabator you have to make sure you order the turner etc if you want those.

My Incuview just arrived today. One day early! Yay!
bun.gif
I've got it set up and running. All seems good to go. The display does flicker a bit, but so far it's up to temp and humidity in my barely 65 degree house without a problem. I only had to fill the outer channel with water to reach proper humidity. That surprised me since I live in a log house and heat with a pellet stove, but it has been raining and our snow isn't even all gone yet so I guess that helps with humidity. I'm officially on the hunt for hatching eggs!

Quote:
I've been reading a lot last night and today. I like almost everything I have seen and read about the Incuview, except the smaller capacity. If it held the same amount of eggs, the choice would be easy for me. I simply can't afford to make a mistake.

Totally understandable. For me, the extra capacity of the hovabators was very appealing. Then I considered *IF* I would really fill them up, and as a hobby farmer, if I really wanted that many chicks all at once. So, that question got answered really quick by hubby! Next up was the construction. I have cats that spend a lot of time indoors who shred cardboard boxes. I pictures what they'd do to a styrofoam incubator on the counter that I spent $150 on and my heart kind of began to race. That made the decision super easy.
gig.gif

If you're willing to turn by hand, remove the turner and you can fit closer to the same amount.
I like that i can hatch chicken and goose eggs with the same turner. Having to buy multiple turners can make some models pricey.

Quote:
I've been reading a lot last night and today. I like almost everything I have seen and read about the Incuview, except the smaller capacity. If it held the same amount of eggs, the choice would be easy for me. I simply can't afford to make a mistake.
I read for more than a week, several times a day. I would put everything I was interested in inside my cart and then I went through the reviews (that cancelled out a couple of brands) to see what features I wanted, price, turner and fan were high priority for me. I bought the Incuview and so far no problems with turning, temp or anything. If I have any problems I will post about them.

Back
Top Bottom