INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Going to be stormy in indiana you all ready for it. I'm dreading the winds and have my fingers crossed we don't lose power. I have plenty of feed and some sprouts I can give the girls tomorrow since they may spend the day in the coop and brought some suet to give them something to play with tomorrow.

Hello everyone! Good to see people coming in and joining! Do we take the original list, or start fresh? What do you guys think? I think lets keep it simple, your town or general location, and user name. And maybe your preferred breeds/species? I plan to do a hard copy in Excel, so its easy to re-sort as we add members.
I've sent the request to moderators to get direction as to how to add contributors. Be sure to post here on this thread if you are willing to help (update/edit the lists).

Hello there!

Another chicken person. My flock is currently 11 hens and one rooster. I live in Martinsville.

Hello!!
frow.gif
great to meet you! and
welcome-byc.gif

Hello everyone! Good to see people coming in and joining! Do we take the original list, or start fresh? What do you guys think? I think lets keep it simple, your town or general location, and user name. And maybe your preferred breeds/species? I plan to do a hard copy in Excel, so its easy to re-sort as we add members.
I've sent the request to moderators to get direction as to how to add contributors. Be sure to post here on this thread if you are willing to help (update/edit the lists).

I wish the moderators would make a way on an update to ask new and old members if they want to join a state thread, and allow a person to sign up to 3-4 of them (why? because if a person lives near a state line socializing and interacting with breeders/neighbors etc. that are just as close or closer to where they live over a state line vs. the same state). And a seperate list of states/regions (perhaps some of the smaller NE states or US teriitories might share a thread) on the forums drop down.

I wish the moderators would make a way on an update to ask new and old members if they want to join a state thread, and allow a person to sign up to 3-4 of them (why? because if a person lives near a state line socializing and interacting with breeders/neighbors etc. that are just as close or closer to where they live over a state line vs. the same state). And a seperate list of states/regions (perhaps some of the smaller NE states or US teriitories might share a thread) on the forums drop down.

I think you can join (subscribe) most of them by just posting on their thread, like a "hello, I am just across the line" post to the ones you are interested in.
Always nice to meet more people too! I lived up in lake county almost 35 years, the IL state line was 3 miles away. I did some of my shopping over in the town because tobacco, for instance was cheaper.

Going to be stormy in indiana you all ready for it. I'm dreading the winds and have my fingers crossed we don't lose power. I have plenty of feed and some sprouts I can give the girls tomorrow since they may spend the day in the coop and brought some suet to give them something to play with tomorrow.

Ugh i saw the report, northern cities are getting a few inches for sure. We may get 3 inches here.
I ran out and picked up more hay, and shavings. going to pack my babies in snug, this is their first snow!

If you want a list of current people on your thread, or a list of local events, anything that will need periodic updating, then it needs to be in a BYC article, which you can create in our Learning Center at the top of the page. This is the only way you will be able to edit it after a short period of time. Whoever creates the article can designate whoever they want as able to edit it -- and as many people as they want. You may want a link to your article in the first post of this thread.

BYC has no limitation on how many state threads you participate in. You are always free to post in any thread you choose on BYC. There is no requirement for a list of "state thread members" as you describe, and certainly, not all state threads maintain such a list.

While we don't have a dropdown as suggested above, we do have a list of the state threads in the sticky at the top of this forum. I believe some parts of the country have regions other than the state. There are separate threads for northern and southern CA, for example. At any rate, we have no requirements or limits on this. "State threads" are simply something the people in that state agree among themselves to have.

Feel free to PM me, or any other staff member, or report a post, if you have other questions.

If you want a list of current people on your thread, or a list of local events, anything that will need periodic updating, then it needs to be in a BYC article, which you can create in our Learning Center at the top of the page. This is the only way you will be able to edit it after a short period of time. Whoever creates the article can designate whoever they want as able to edit it -- and as many people as they want. You may want a link to your article in the first post of this thread.

BYC has no limitation on how many state threads you participate in. You are always free to post in any thread you choose on BYC. There is no requirement for a list of "state thread members" as you describe, and certainly, not all state threads maintain such a list.

While we don't have a dropdown as suggested above, we do have a list of the state threads in the sticky at the top of this forum. I believe some parts of the country have regions other than the state. There are separate threads for northern and southern CA, for example. At any rate, we have no requirements or limits on this. "State threads" are simply something the people in that state agree among themselves to have.

Feel free to PM me, or any other staff member, or report a post, if you have other questions.

OK, I will hop over and figure out how to set it up. I can keep a hardcopy of the lists we want to share, and use that to do the updates. Can we link google docs to the thread also? Its an easy way to allow shared info to be updated.

Back
Top Bottom