INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Wondering if anyone has a swedish flower HEN sorta close to me ? southern In. I have the prettiest roo. he has tons of girls, they actually fight to see who can get the closest to him. first time i have seen a hen squat too ! very funny. He looks like a calico cat. Thinking i would like to have some babies from him but all i have would be black alstrop or buff orphs. he is ignoring the candy corns for some reason.
hu.gif

Sent you a pm but.... Wondering if you have a photo of your Roo you can post? And...how did you come to have just one sfh roo?

This is a sfh pullet that I'm "considering" selling. 27 weeks old. Haven't totally made up my mind on that yet. I may also have a cockerel that I could sell w/her as well.

While I'm posting photos (can you tell that I took photos today?) I might as well post a photo of the other 2 27 wk olds. I'm a sucker for the darker colors. These 2 are NOT for sale.

This girl is very curious and always the first to try everything. Very "bright and cheery".

Couldn't get a great photo of this girl today. She has more tan around the neck.

I thought you were talking about your black mixed one. the picture is on my post "Grannys gone and done it" someone else put it there for me because i dont know how to do that. I got him from the free, rehoming site here. it may still be there too

I want to be a pirate when I grow up.

Except I don't want to make anyone walk the plank.  Drowning isn't cool.

And I'd have a chicken instead of a parrot, obviously.

And I wouldn't want to steal from anyone unless I was really really hungry.  Or I ran out of rum.

I would definitely drink a lot of rum and go on people's ships without being invited.  People would let me, because I'd have a sword.

I'd probably feel bad for taking people's food and rum, so I'd cook for them before I left.  And maybe swab their deck.  But I'd still point my sword at them.  I'd swab menacingly.

People wouldn't fear me, they'd pity me and tolerate me and feed me and give me rum.  Because I make awesome curry. 

I guess I'd be less like a pirate, and more like the village idiot of the Caribbean. 

I want to be an idiot when I grow up.  I feel I must be half way there.

At least half way..Lmbo jk you're funny!

Spent a small fortune today at TSC getting heated water stuff for the chickens and ducks as well as a larger water trough for the goats. Now I need to spend some time in the morning reading the water tank heater instructions. hopefully by tomorrow afternoon I can get the goats all set up with non freezing water too. I'll still have to refill the duck water at least once a day. I just did not want to spend money on so many little heated waters and the larger capacity heated options were too tall.

Well, started researching tilapia, am getting more interested in raising them. the only hurdle is the size tank and temp needed for the water in the grow out tank. Seen some very good ideas already, am just starting to read more about it. If we do it, will definitely be doing veggies/aquaponics eventually as well. It may be a summer only project too, would get really expensive heating that much water in the winter. I am seeing them available more now and have those 3 big fish tanks just sitting empty.
We used to fish all summer, and bring in the big hybrid striped bass from the lake. Just not a lot of time for camping & fishing this last year, miss the fresh fish! My FIL taught me to filet with an electric knife, sure makes it go fast. I can do it almost as quick with my good filet knife too.

While I'm posting photos (can you tell that I took photos today?) I might as well post a photo of the other 2 27 wk olds. I'm a sucker for the darker colors. These 2 are NOT for sale.

This girl is very curious and always the first to try everything. Very "bright and cheery".

Couldn't get a great photo of this girl today. She has more tan around the neck.

I love the darker colors too, the girls are gorgeous
love.gif

[COLOR=900000]Evening, all. Thought I'd check in. I'm currently suffering (and I mean suffering) from a nasty cold and not getting a whole lot done here. With the freeze over the past 24 hours, looks like the duckies will be living in quarantine for a while longer. Just couldn't get their coop done :th

I just skimmed, as I was 12 or so pages behind, but some things I wanted to reply to:

I LOVE that barn setup, Leahs mom!! :love :drool

So sorry for the recent attacks on Minmin's and Ellymayrans's birds. :( Got my fingers crossed for them!

Congrats to CCCCCHICKENS on the Dixie show! :) (Ugh, my brain is too clogged to remember the proper name... I guess that's what the quote function is supposed to be for... :lol: )

And the sleeping animal pics gave me a smile. :) Not to bring up an old topic, but here's some (bad cell phone) pics of my brother's cat, Milo, who sleeps in some of the oddest positions.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=900000]Kung fu kitty. :lol: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=900000]Okay, he's not really sleeping in this one, but come on! Look at that face! :love [/COLOR]

[COLOR=900000]Okay, I should probably go to bed now before my disease-addled brain decides to add any more smilies to this post. :lol: Night, all![/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom