INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Animallover- I'm glad amber is doing better. Keeping my fingers crossed for her!

LA Mom- I just mentioned to my DH this weekend that if I was going to have geese I wanted sabastapole!! They just look so pretty. I don't know anything about them though. Guess I need to start reading up on more than chickens! My mom had a pair of white geese years ago.....meaner than snakes!!

Quote:

Is that the poop coop from "all cooped up"?
Pretty creative!
309655_273070642726372_1465801507_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...273070642726372_1465801507_n.jpg&size=439,328

Yet again, 900 posts to read through when I get back.

Welcome to the thread all those who joined over the weekend.

I finally put my chicks outside Sunday evening. Fingers crossed they do well. They have a light in there and I have essentially covered all openings up (vented areas are not closed up obviously). Still rather nervous about having them out there this early, but the mess was getting too much in the bathroom with all the baby fuzz floating around.

We finally got our first turkey egg... yay.

As much as it grieved me, we broke it open and it has the 'bullseye' on it. I think we are good to go!
Now to read back through about making our incubator.

Animallover- I'm glad amber is doing better. Keeping my fingers crossed for her!

LA Mom- I just mentioned to my DH this weekend that if I was going to have geese I wanted sabastapole!! They just look so pretty. I don't know anything about them though. Guess I need to start reading up on more than chickens! My mom had a pair of white geese years ago.....meaner than snakes!!

X2 AL thats great news. I use the blue ribbon stuff too, its great for a boost on weak chicks.

LA Mom They are just beautiful birds! So happy to hear you are having good success! danand they can be if they are sitting on eggs, and mine are aggressive with strangers. I have to watch my gander around the delivery guys from UPS etc. He does not like those big truck things in his yard! If they are well socialized they are wonderful flock watchers however, If anything is out of place I hear it from any room in our house.

Yet again, 900 posts to read through when I get back.

Welcome to the thread all those who joined over the weekend.

I finally put my chicks outside Sunday evening. Fingers crossed they do well. They have a light in there and I have essentially covered all openings up (vented areas are not closed up obviously). Still rather nervous about having them out there this early, but the mess was getting too much in the bathroom with all the baby fuzz floating around.

We finally got our first turkey egg... yay.

As much as it grieved me, we broke it open and it has the 'bullseye' on it. I think we are good to go!
Now to read back through about making our incubator.

celebrate.gif
YAY!!! thats wonderful news! I made a chickbator and it works good. I use it as a hatcher so the incubators are not tied up.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/8510/chic-chick-bator-updated
But there's all sorts of good ideas under the
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/homemade-chicken-egg-incubator-designs-pictures

Back
Top Bottom