INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

These are also what Ive been using for the food pantry folks cause they lay a lot of eggs but the males are bigger than regular leghorns for eating. Thats another reason i dont have any left lol. But i love them even if they are just a cross.

In my experience crosses or mixes generally grow faster and seem to be healthier and sometimes lay more so I'd say go mixed although I'm a perfectionist and prefer purebreds

In my experience crosses or mixes generally grow faster and seem to be healthier and sometimes lay more so I'd say go mixed although I'm a perfectionist and prefer purebreds

Lol I have plenty of purebreeds too I just love these. Ive added two more coops, fixed the storm damage on the big run, and seperated all my breeds since you were here last. But I still have 10 rabbits hanging out in the garage since I havent managed to build them a house yet lol.

Lol I have plenty of purebreeds too I just love these. Ive added two more coops, fixed the storm damage on the big run, and seperated all my breeds since you were here last. But I still have 10 rabbits hanging out in the garage since I havent managed to build them a house yet lol.

I still need a male if you have any white with the grey splashes or close to strips like the ones I got I'd probably pick him up eventually or trade I lost my favorite chicken arie who might of been a mix I thought and was told she was an Araucana but had no tuff/beard and had a tail so idk mixes are just as great as pure... What do you have again I only remember the buff orps, leghorns and.... Rir?

I still need a male if you have any white with the grey splashes or close to strips like the ones I got I'd probably pick him up eventually or trade I lost my favorite chicken arie who might of been a mix I thought and was told she was an Araucana but had no tuff/beard and had a tail so idk mixes are just as great as pure... What do you have again I only remember the buff orps, leghorns and.... Rir?

I have Buff Orps, Barred Rock, Leghorn, Rir, Black Austrolorp and these mixes. You only saw about half and Ive added a few since then. I have one young buff rooster, one white and gold, and one black and gold that are both mixes but thats all I can part with right now. All my other boys are purebred and are in breeding pens. Of course I'll have plenty of chicks available soon lol.

I have Buff Orps, Barred Rock, Leghorn, Rir, Black Austrolorp and these mixes. You only saw about half and Ive added a few since then. I have one young buff rooster, one white and gold, and one black and gold that are both mixes but thats all I can part with right now. All my other boys are purebred and are in breeding pens. Of course I'll have plenty of chicks available soon lol.

I ment bunnies lol but oh yeah your barred rooster was very beautiful if I'm remembering right

I ment bunnies lol but oh yeah your barred rooster was very beautiful if I'm remembering right

Oh sorry you mentioned chicken breeds in the same post lol. But thank you on my roo, he's my favorite lol. I found him some girls and moved him to his own house so he's been happy as a clam :).

So Bunnies- no babies at the moment but the Lionhead mommy is fixing to have another litter in about a week. I always give them a full 8 weeks to wean. She's bred with the same male as before so the babies should look similar. I also have a New Zealand and a Ca

Haha, oops!
big_smile.png
We still need something to do between classes, though, right?

And Elly says thanks!
smile.png
She and her sister, Kit, are of my favorite breed, Silver Gray Dorking.

Glad to hear!
smile.png

Miss Crash, I can't believe she'll be a year old in a few months! She's actually been squatting for me quite often lately--not such a baby anymore, I guess!
th.gif

Congrats!
big_smile.png
A well-deserved reward!
Very true! With 18 credit hours I don't have too much free time... Listening to my prof ramble during lecture now.

Back
Top Bottom