INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Anybody here built a "coolerbater" before? I thought I'd seen some plans on here in the past, just can't find them now.

I'm considering buidling one to use as a "hatcher" when eggs go into lockdown. I have a cheapo styrofoam that I use now with an auto turner. I've had good luck so far so was going to keep this setup for incubating and build the other for hatching, that way I can continously be incubating.

If I can build the coolerbator to accommodate my turner, then I may consider using the styrofoam for hatching.

So anyone have plans to share?

Anybody here built a "coolerbater" before? I thought I'd seen some plans on here in the past, just can't find them now.

I'm considering buidling one to use as a "hatcher" when eggs go into lockdown. I have a cheapo styrofoam that I use now with an auto turner. I've had good luck so far so was going to keep this setup for incubating and build the other for hatching, that way I can continously be incubating.

If I can build the coolerbator to accommodate my turner, then I may consider using the styrofoam for hatching.

So anyone have plans to share?

I built one thats called the chickbator, I will add the link. It did well for hatching, and saved my other eggs from constant humidity jumps. I have to get it back from my daughter since hatching resumes soon!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/missprissys-chic-chick-homemade-incubator

I would like to thank @Mother2Hens for my new avatar! Thank you so much!
Love it, looks great!

My poor EE just got plucked!!! I must have bored bird with muff envy!
Why would she allow another hen to pluck out her muffs? She's one of the senior hens too!
Thankfully, she still has her beard & my CCL still has her crest. I hope they get outside today & run about before the next temp drop hits.

Here's my Easter-orp. She a nice looking mix of both parents.
....But she, too, may be at risk for a de-muffing & is lower in the pecking order.

This is my Sebright. She's actually quite pretty, but something happens whenever I take her pic. It always comes out pathetic-looking.
Great pics! I hang up cabbage heads, or corn cobs to give them some amusement. Suet cakes are great too. It should keep the picking down.

I'm so heartbroken right now. My sweet Dorking, Kit, has been victim to a hawk attack while I was away at class all day today. I can't stop crying right now. Just after talking about them so fondly here. It's not fair...

I'm so heartbroken right now. My sweet Dorking, Kit, has been victim to a hawk attack while I was away at class all day today. I can't stop crying right now. Just after talking about them so fondly here. It's not fair...

Oh no pipd
hugs.gif
I am so sorry.
Quote:
It works really well, I use a 25 watt bulb and its perfect.

Back
Top Bottom